Thread: PHL Spotting - July 9 (large quantity of files included)

PHL Spotting - July 9 (large quantity of files included)

On July 9, I made a trip down to the local major airport near where I live, which happens to be Philly International. That day, the 27s were active, along with RJs and Dash 8s landing on 35 and some additional traffic landing on 26, with departures taking place on 35 and 27L. 27R was reserved for arrivals. I was there from around 1:15 PM until about 4:00 PM, had absolutely no problems with cops or local authorities (no cop cars drove by) and the only thing keeping us sane from the lulls were motorcyclists cruising around Hog Island Road.

I will try my best and start by showing you guys the non-US Airways stuff first. This is also with the new Minolta Z5 camera I got for my birthday!

And finally, one part of Hog Island Road...

Wow. I must say that PHL traffic is pretty nice. All the smae stuff as LGA but with some nice heavies in the mix. Great seeing AF A330s, US A330s and 767s and 757s.

Good shots, Steve.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Looks like you had a great time Steve, nice shots. Philly is a great city, great places to eat, awsome bars, and great history!

I definately want to get over to PHL one of these weekends! I've always wondered how it was. By the shots you got it definately looks worth the trip. This coming weekend though I'm hitting JFK.
    Sweet.

Re: PHL Spotting - July 9 (large quantity of files included)

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Holzinger
    the only thing keeping us sane from the lulls were motorcyclists cruising around Hog Island Road.
    Those guys are awesome! Brian and I took some pictures of the motorcycles last time we were down at Hog Island Road. I don't remember where I put my pictures, but perhaps Brian can share his if he still has them.

Glad to hear you are happy with your new camera, Steve. Looking forward to seeing it in action this coming weekend...

Josh

I like the camera, but it still needs a lot of getting used to, especially taking pictures of moving objects. Here's one of the bikers...