Thread: unimpressed by my skills

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

unimpressed by my skills

the other day i was walking with someone in the hallways in my terminal, and with the doors leading outside open you can hear everything that goes on on the ramp. i heard a CRJ-200 pulling into one of our gates, 7B to be exact. now, when i realized that i blurted it out as usual to the person that i was walking with. when we got to the door outside she loked over and sure enough i was right on the money. now, of course i have been there a while and i know a/c well, but to most of the people i work with being able to tell a/c apart just by the sounds of thier engine/apu or by landng lights while they're on approach is jsut sad. to that i say bahumbug, but still doubt that this ability will actually come in useful someday. :roll:
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

There are certain planes thatI can ident by sound as well.

US Airways Airbuses sound unique, of course the MD-80s do, as well as 767s and most prop planes.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    sadly though i acn tell the difference between a piper archer and a cessna 172, a DHC-8 and a SAAB 340, etc...
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Quote Originally Posted by cancidas
    sadly though i acn tell the difference between a piper archer and a cessna 172, a DHC-8 and a SAAB 340, etc...
    That Rocks! I can tell the differences in the sounds of aircraft too, but NOT NEAR THAT GOOD! ROCK ON!
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".