View Poll Results: Do you like the new WTC design?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 75.00%
  • No

1 25.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New WTC tower design

New WTC tower design

So what do you think of the latest design? I like it alot better then last one. Interesting how it looks alot like the old WTC.

I'd have to see more photos of it I think. But so far, it seems better than the last one.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

I like it alot! I think that they should make two smaller ones though.

After reading a little bit on CNN.com, I really like the design. It retains certain reminders and features of the old towers and I enjoy the goal here, as well as the safety level that seems to be in the plans.

I'm surprised it's going to take until September 2009 to complete, but oh well. At least it'll be ready in time for the Olympics, right? ;)

I'm also surprised that there will only be 69 floors of office space. Is that really correct? Just sounds like this tower offers so much less office space than the old WTC setup does.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

You really have to laugh at all these Mickey Mouse designs these people are crapping out at us. I say build them exactly the way they used to be.

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    HELL NO!!

as far as i'm concerned they ought to rebuild the original buildings.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

I had no idea that there had been another design submitted - this is really interesting. I didn't like the former design, only because the useable floor space did not extend to the top of the building; that feature was something that made Minoru Yamasaki's / Emery Roth's original towers so unique, I believe that only the Sears tower follows the same idea - other tall buildings around the world do not feature an occupied space on the top floors. Yamasaki's approach was to 'build high' and I think it's fitting that they should do the same again.

The 69 floor concept is interesting. I think it's explained by the fact that there's a 120ft high machinery space above the lobby. This is a different approach to the WTC, which utilised a couple of floors for the elevator equipment.

I'd really love to catch this being built.

Cheers

James

I'd say build them exactly as they were before the tragedy, but have the upper-half/third of each tower be empty to pay tribute for the lives lost as well as to ease people's fears about working in the upper levels of the skyscrapers.

The WTC was IMO the defining feature of the NYC skyline. It was so spectacular flying into LGA and seeing those magnificant buildings on approach.
    "I can't wait until tomorrow, cause I get better looking everyday"
    --Joe Namath

I believe the towers should be made just as they were in the 70's but one story taller on each tower

A nice futuristic design!
    If it 'aint Boeing, I 'aint goin'.

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    Is it as tall as the old Towers? If so, yep, lets do it.

Also, maybe it ought to made out of titanium, like that Guggenheim I think in Spain?
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Like some have said before here.....PUT UP THE ORIGINAL TOWERS!

To me its a symbol and statement of national pride and should have started construction THE VERY SECOND the last bit of scrap was removed.

Every waking second those towers are not there it just screams.......... WE LOST!

Mike

PS---------to me the word "tragedy" is all wrong here when talking about -that day.
    No life was lost or was taken away by a tragic flood, earthquake, storm...
    THEY WERE ATTACKED, KILLED, MURDERED, IN AN ACT OF WAR---------- It was NOT some accident!
    "my finger on the shutter button, while my eye is over my shoulder"

Like some have said before here.....PUT UP THE ORIGINAL TOWERS!

To me its a symbol and statement of national pride and should have started construction THE VERY SECOND the last bit of scrap was removed.

Every waking second those towers are not there it just screams.......... WE LOST!

Mike

PS---------to me the word "tragedy" is all wrong here when talking about -that day.
    No life was lost or was taken away by a tragic flood, earthquake, storm...
    THEY WERE ATTACKED, KILLED, MURDERED, IN AN ACT OF WAR---------- It was NOT some accident!
    "my finger on the shutter button, while my eye is over my shoulder"

Same thing

I had no idea that there had been another design submitted - this is really interesting. I didn't like the former design, only because the useable floor space did not extend to the top of the building; that feature was something that made Minoru Yamasaki's / Emery Roth's original towers so unique, I believe that only the Sears tower follows the same idea - other tall buildings around the world do
    :lol::lol: Hahaha, cant believe it! I was going to say -Exactly- that a minute ago! :lol::lol:

NYC needs to create the tallest building in the world and not with the record height being set by a 500ft+ needle on top. We need to re-assert ourselves as the innovators and leader of skyscraper design. The skyscraper should be astheticaly graceful and majestic at the same time (like the Chrysler building or even the Petronas towers) and have four lights on the roof. Two pointing skyward and the other two pointing towards Johnstown, PA and Wash DC. The building should also be expandable so it can be built on down the line.
    Spotters have been Homeland Security before HS was a glimmer in the president's eye.