Thread: Spirit A319 using JFK 22L approach for LGA

Spirit A319 using JFK 22L approach for LGA

Ok heres the story. I was just standing outside in my backyard taking pictures of the approaching storm. I see a 757 flying low turning west, thats when i realized they're using 22L. So i decided to take some approach shots, and vids. ABout 20 mins later im waiting for traffic. I hear a Spirit transmit, ever new yorker spotter knows spirit doesnt fly into jfk, unless its a diversion. ANyways about 5 mins later a Spirit 319 flew directly over my house. I live in East Northport... as if it was gonna land 22L @ JFK.. now watching it on the passur tracker. It eventually did go to LGA. WHy did it use the approach for jfk?

Crazy weather. Maybe it diverted to JFK and couldn't land there either.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

It may not have used a JFK approach..

With the crazy weather, it's possible it was vectored up further East and then flew a route similar to planes landing at JFK, but only to LGA.

What time did this happen? If I could look it up on Passur, I could probably give you a better idea.

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    more than likely it was being vectored around, or could have even been in a hold over the JFK VOR. it wouldn't surpirise me one bit. what altitude was the plane at?
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.