Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Domodedovo Airlines To Fly to JFK with IL-96!!!!

The airline " Домодедовские airlines " this year will start to carry out the program of charter flights from Moscow in the cities of the USA - Miami and New York.

The license necessary for performance of flights in the USA was received " by Домодедовскими airlines " in May of this year from the Department of transport and federal aviation administration in the USA.

It is planned, that flights " Домодедовских airlines " in Miami Silt - 96-300 will be weekly carried out on the modern liner. Base configuration Silt - 96-300 assumes 267 armchairs (245 places - economy class, 22 places - business a class) with an opportunity перекомпоновки in one-class - 289 armchairs of economy class.

The airline " Домодедовские airlines " becomes the unique Russian airline which is carrying out the program of charter flights from Russia in the USA.

Can't get it all.... Russian is a little hard to translate. Some words are just plain indigenous.

Quote Originally Posted by Futterman
    Okay, here's a crude translation.

22.06.2005 - THE AIRLINE « ДОМОДЕДОВСКИЕ AIRLINES » PLANS THE PROGRAM OF CHARTER FLIGHTS IN MIAMI AND НЬЮ-ЙОРК

The airline « Домодедовские airlines » already in it to year will start to carry out the program of charter flights from Moscow in cities USA - Miami and New York.

The license necessary for performance of flights in the USA is received « Домодедовскими by airlines » in May of this year from Department of transport and federal aviation administration of the USA.

It is planned, that flights « Домодедовских airlines » in Miami it will be weekly carried out on modern liner Il-96-300. Base configuration Ил-96-300 assumes 267 armchairs (245 places – economy class, 22 places – business a class) with an opportunity перекомпоновки in one-class – 289 armchairs of economy class.

The airline « Домодедовские airlines » becomes the unique Russian airline which is carrying out the program of charter flights from Russia in the USA.
    Brian
    Nice reading, Phil. ;)
    "My wife is an air traffic controller. I married her because I've always wanted to screw the FAA." - B. Wulle

That will be cool getting a IL-96, I have never seen one before.

I can't even pronounce Domodedovo, I guess it is said how it is spelt but anyway, great news.

jetBlueAtJFK
    jetBlue, It's not the only way to fly...but it should be!

speaking of things Russian, MAKS is coming up in august, if your a fan of the crazy Russian desinged aircraft then you'll love this airshow! i'm planning on visiting Russia in the near future and especially Monino to get the Bear fleet and the Beriev's.

you can expect super long takeoff rolls from the IL96, would be awesome for 31L banking shots!

http://www.airshow.ru/expo/1/list.htm

I don´t now about a IL-96 at Terminal 4, it might ruin the new look.

It will be interesting to see how Aeroflot handles the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Iberia A340-600
    It will be interesting to see how Aeroflot handles the competition.
    I hope not well...

Well, folks, the latest update isn't exactly good news.

Domodedovo Airlines applied for DOT approval today for thrice-weekly nonstop flights to Miami, starting around April 1, 2006 (nothing to do with April fools...). JFK seems to be on the backburner for now, so it doesn't look like we'll be seeing anything other than Continental flying NYC-Moscow in 2006.

Hopefully things'll change. We'll just have to wait and see.

Brian
    "My wife is an air traffic controller. I married her because I've always wanted to screw the FAA." - B. Wulle

Well, folks, the latest update isn't exactly good news.

Domodedovo Airlines applied for DOT approval today for thrice-weekly nonstop flights to Miami, starting around April 1, 2006 (nothing to do with April fools...). JFK seems to be on the backburner for now, so it doesn't look like we'll be seeing anything other than Continental flying NYC-Moscow in 2006.

Hopefully things'll change. We'll just have to wait and see.

Brian

That sucks. However, it's not nearly as painful as Indy Air's announcement that they're pulling their CRJ service from JFK. :)

That sucks. However, it's not nearly as painful as Indy Air's announcement that they're pulling their CRJ service from JFK. :)

I saw a couple when I was coming from vacation in Turkey at LTBA and they look kind of small (from my perspective) but know that I know how many people that thing can hold I take it back.

It should be ineresting to see a Russian pilot handle the Canarsie Approach or even better the K9DEP!!!!! -->East SIde
    Jetblue Pilot departure announcement : "We are pleased to have some of the best flight attendants in the industry ...Unfortunately none of them are on this flight...!"

I saw a couple when I was coming from vacation in Turkey at LTBA and they look kind of small (from my perspective) but know that I know how many people that thing can hold I take it back.

It should be ineresting to see a Russian pilot handle the Canarsie Approach or even better the K9DEP!!!!! -->East SIde
    Jetblue Pilot departure announcement : "We are pleased to have some of the best flight attendants in the industry ...Unfortunately none of them are on this flight...!"