Thread: Javier Guerrero coming to NYC June 28-29

Javier Guerrero coming to NYC June 28-29

Our good friend Javier is coming back at the end of the month. We're trying to get some people together to plan something.

Who is up for it?

View Javier's Airliners.net photos here.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    einately up for something... let me know dates and i'll let you know if i can get the day off.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Is he coming in as a crewmember? That'd be wild.

Seeing as there's less than two weeks left to the month, guess we won't have to wait too long...count me in. :)

Brian
    "My wife is an air traffic controller. I married her because I've always wanted to screw the FAA." - B. Wulle

Wow, after looking at some of his shots, I'm sorry to say that I won't be in town those dates.

I look forward to some spectacular photos!

I'm on vaca for most of that week until the 5th. let me know.

I'd be up for it if I didn't have to work.

Javier should be around Tuesday night at around 9:30PM. His hotel is in the Times Square area and I am planning on going there by then so I can be around whenever he is ready.

Anyone up for joining me?

I might be up for dinner in the city on Wednesday the 29th. I actually have to stay at a hotel in Times Square that night for work reasons, and will probably be out of the office by 5pm. Phil, let me know if you guys are eating in the city that night. I will, however, need to duck out by 9:30.

Josh

Dinner may be a possibility for me on Wednesday as well, but like Josh, it'd have to end considerably earlier than Sunday's night out (meaning 9:30/10). I could conceiveably be in Times Square by 5 or 6, so keep me posted.

Brian
    "My wife is an air traffic controller. I married her because I've always wanted to screw the FAA." - B. Wulle

Ok, Javier's flight leaves at 6:30pm on Wednesday, so he'll probably have to leave for the airport by 3:30 or earlier.

It looks like we might do some morning spotting, weather permitting.

I don't know what is gonna happen just yet, as I haven't spoken to Javier, but I will speka with him by phone shortly (evening Tuesday).

Call me on my cell as late as 2am if you are itnerested in perhaps meeting us in the morning for some spotting. Really, don't be shy about calling. If I don't know you, jsut say you are "so and so" from the boards.

-Phil[/url]

Met with Javier last night at his hotel and we went to a bar on 7th Ave called Tonic, with one of his F/As.

Summary:

- 8 beers each

- There was another "puppetry" showing

- F/A went form flirting to asking for my hand in marriage after seeing the puppetry

- Spanish women are great

- Breakfast consisting of ONLY eggs, pancakes and two glasses of orange juice came to $25. I'll type that out in words like a check so you know I meant it. TWENTY FIVE DOLLARS. All that and the waitress didn't sit on my lap or anything.

We didn't go spotting today (Wednesday) because the weather and runways at LGA sucked, and getting to JFK is not practical, considering he has to go there later in the day anyway.

For the second time, I had a fun time hanging out with Javier. It just sucks that we can never get good spotting conditions to go out there with. Same thing happened last time.

He'll be back on July 25 I think, so we'll have to do it again. Are people gonna show up this time? :-p