Thread: AA JFK-SEA Diverted Ot O'Hare - Device Onboard

AA JFK-SEA Diverted Ot O'Hare - Device Onboard

ILL| Chicago| Suspicious Device| OHare Intl Airport|American Airlines
    Flight
    NY to Seattle Diverting to Chicago Due to Poss Device Found On-Board.|
    ILL089| 20:36

If you subscribed to the NYCA Community, you got this message. Still waiting to hear more.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

http://nycaviation.com/news/jfkseadivert1

Looks like it was cleared and departed Chicago to complete its flight not long after. :)

Glad everything turned out ok.

Very interesting. Glad everything turned out OK! So what did they rule out about this 'device'?

Over Zealous Security

We were celebrating my Goddaughter's birthday last winter at the Metropolitan Museum Of Art when suddenly we were all rounded-up and spent time penned-up with no explanation. We finally were forced to leave the premises. The child was hysterical and her birthday was ruined. It turned out that a shopping bag was left on the front steps of the Museum, so this was the outcome; the day was ruined for all the visitors. It appears that the terrorists have won as you can no longer freely do photography around airports or buildings and lives are disrupted all over the country. You now see metal detectors and security guards wherever you go and photography is banned even in NYC parks!

Is photography really banned in NYC parks??:???

Photography is NOT banned ANYWHERE in New York City accept for bridges and tunnels, and unofficially on actual airport grounds...without permission from appropriate authorities.

Re: Over Zealous Security

Quote Originally Posted by Speedbird1
    We were celebrating my Goddaughter's birthday last winter at the Metropolitan Museum Of Art when suddenly we were all rounded-up and spent time penned-up with no explanation. We finally were forced to leave the premises. The child was hysterical and her birthday was ruined. It turned out that a shopping bag was left on the front steps of the Museum, so this was the outcome; the day was ruined for all the visitors. It appears that the terrorists have won as you can no longer freely do photography around airports or buildings and lives are disrupted all over the country. You now see metal detectors and security guards wherever you go and photography is banned even in NYC parks!
    Can you go into this a little deeper? "Penned up" how? It sounds to me like it was for your protection in case there was something dangerous in that bag.

And where'd you get this thing about no photos in parks?

Quote Originally Posted by IslipWN
    Very interesting. Glad everything turned out OK! So what did they rule out about this 'device'?
    It was an old Walkman Cassette player.