Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aviation Documentary Filming in July

Aviation Documentary Filming in July

Hey everyone,

I while back I was approached by a company that is interested in creating a documentary about aviation enthusiasm. After some planning it was decided that the best way to start would be by filming myself and all of us in action while we are out there doing what we do best.

I'm looking to plan all kinds of spotting and aviation events for the month of July. Seeing as we are the focal point of this independent documentary, there’ll have to be a strong spotter presence at the local airports each Saturday and Sunday of every weekend in July. I'm also going to be trying to book an event at the Intrepid with the Concorde and other more exciting outings that you folks would enjoy so we can showcase our passion in different ways.

All of you are more than welcome to invite all of your aviation friends to come out Saturdays and Sundays throughout the month at the airports or at other events. Just remember that everyone will need to sign a release form saying that they have no problem being filmed and so forth.

Either way, I haven't had the chance to get out as much as I'd like to and I'm excited to join you folks as much as I can now that my time has freed up a bit.

If you folks plan on coming out or if you have any questions, just shoot me an email or discuss in the forum's General Discussion thread.

Look for more detailed information and spotting schedules in the coming weeks.

Take care all,

-Phil
    [email protected]
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    just like last time, you can count me in phil. i just need to know definites a week in advance to get the days off.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Looks like I'll have to make the trip up there at least one of those weekends... heck, I should have my new camera by then so it'd be good camera practice!

I'll be available every weekend except the weekend of Juily 2-3 and also July 9. I'll be in Arizona during that time. But otherwise count me in for being out there with the gang. This is gonna be way cool!

Now if there's one thing that'll make a cop come over to Planeview Park, this'll be it. :)

I believe I'm good most weekends as well. This'll be wild.

Brian
    "My wife is an air traffic controller. I married her because I've always wanted to screw the FAA." - B. Wulle

hmm can someone say...ISP!?!?! That will teach 'em a lesson to mess with us aviation enthusiasts.

awesome. just in time for my new cam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe as part of the program, you guys need them to get to pay for a trip to the end of a line of one of the flights...and...film the enthusiasts there....like...a Song flight...to..umm...where....ummm...err...ehhh...We st Palm Beach???...lol...
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/

I was thinking of heading up on July 16-17, if that works out for you guys.

I will going away on July 8 and back on July 24. Hope I can be part of you guys.
    Dave :lol:
    The best never rests. When he rests, he'll R. I. P..

This sounds really cool! I'm free for most of July.

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    phil one more thing, i have this managment class to attend in KCLT for work. not sure when it's going to be yet but it's going to drag me away from the city for a few days. will keep you posted all on the altest developments.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Cradle of Aviation?

Why not take them to the Cradle of Aviation Museum for background on the area??? Lots of good information on Long Island/ NYC in aviation history.

Funny though they have no mention of Zahns Airport, where I learned to fly many many years ago :)
    It's the fares, stupid

Oh you'll know I'll be there Phil..lol

Re: Cradle of Aviation?

Quote Originally Posted by Art at ISP
    Why not take them to the Cradle of Aviation Museum for background on the area??? Lots of good information on Long Island/ NYC in aviation history.
    Not a bad idea. I just wonder who would be willing to go out all the way out there. It's a bit of a trek for the city folk.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].