Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aviation Documentary Filming in July

Re: Cradle of Aviation?

[quote=Phil D.]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Art at ISP":6a425
    Why not take them to the Cradle of Aviation Museum for background on the area??? Lots of good information on Long Island/ NYC in aviation history.
    Not a bad idea. I just wonder who would be willing to go out all the way out there. It's a bit of a trek for the city folk.[/quote:6a425]

I wouldn't mind - I live out on the Island, and have been to the Cradle a bunch of times. Let me know.

tick tock

Hey Phil

Any dates yet?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? (that is, for the filming...)

I wanna make it too!!!

Mike
    "my finger on the shutter button, while my eye is over my shoulder"

Come on Phil....

I KNOW your reading this!

Some of us working folks could use a bit of notice to make it happen.

Well, I can only try to get the crew out if I know we are going to have a decent amount of people out there. Otherwise, I can't waste their time to only film two or three people.

That is why I made the other thread asking about people coming out this weekend. If people show interest, then I can go ahead and get the crew out to film us.

So until I know who can come, I can't really say for sure if/when the film crew is coming.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Quote Originally Posted by IslipWN
    hmm can someone say...ISP!?!?! That will teach 'em a lesson to mess with us aviation enthusiasts.
    Joe I would rather fly into FRG thatn ISP! We should being the cameras to ISP and film the cops trying to lock us up.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    Phil, is the crew looking for particular times?

Is the summer just generally a bad time to get a group together? Would the fall be better?

just a suggestion?
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

July was chosen by the production company because that's when they and their crew are free.

We've hit a speed bump with the documentary, though. A little my fault, a little their fault, but the biggest challenge of the documentary for us has been planning. It's difficult because we never know what spot we are going to be at ahead of time, and we also cannot control the weather. So if we say "we'll do it the weekend of the 2nd and 3rd" and then it rains, then we've wasted the time of the camera and sound crew.....and on top of the time issue, they still have to be paid. A total waste.

So before this weekend, I communicated that I was not sure if we would have many people out with the 4th of July weekend and such, so it was put off. Then, the sound guy went away out of country on vacation.

So now, filming cannot occur for a least a couple weeks until he returns, and we will pick up with this from there. It looks like we should be filming the last weekend in July and the first two of August.

I agree, Mirrodie, that summer months are not the greatest for spotting, and therefore for filming us spotting. However, we have to do what we can soon. We can't have the crews sit on their hands for months until the time is right for us, unfortunately. They have other projects to work on as well.

I'm sorry about putting this off like this guys. Either way, obviously, we should still go out and spot as much as we all can like we would have whether filming was going on or not. I don't think this will affect us all that much anyway.

Thanks, guys.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

I'm still coming up from the 16-17 anyway regardless.

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    phil, do you have any plansto take your crew out this weekend? i'm finally available...
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69
    Quote Originally Posted by IslipWN
    hmm can someone say...ISP!?!?! That will teach 'em a lesson to mess with us aviation enthusiasts.
    Joe I would rather fly into FRG thatn ISP! We should being the cameras to ISP and film the cops trying to lock us up.

We should do that. Than maybe they will realize that there is nothing wrong with what we are doing and ISP will be a free airport again!

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    well, keep us abreast (like Pam Anderson) of the likely next dates, OK?

ttys, mjc
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Well, its the 31st...July has come and gone.

A very busy one for most here.

How about in the fall for filming?