Thread: body part falls from inbound JFK plane

body part falls from inbound JFK plane

i just heard on the radio that a body part fell from an airliner landing at jfk... apparently the bodypart fell on someones roof. any more details on this? :shock:

It was a South African A340. Looks like the JFK departure has been cancelled based on some flight trackers.
    Senga

The Newsday.com story has the name of the homeowner - I checked whitepages.com, and the address is about 1/4 mile from my parents in Elmont. Grew up under the approach to Rwy 22, never had anything fall off/out of an aircraft before.

For anyone that's off tomorrow, I hear the A340 will departing JFK around 9am. There should be two SAA A340's on the ground at the same time tomorrow morning.

Mike

Gross. I have some friends who live just a couple blocks from there, I'll have to ask them if they got hit with any refugee shrapnel.

Map of location mentioned in Newsday

Interesting that this happened just a couple days after I realized what a great place Tulip Ave is for spotting the afternoon heavies parade when they're using 22.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

I'm waiting for the day when something like this happens and one of us accidentally gets a photo of it while being out there. I'm shocked that none of the local guys have been been caught right in the action of something happening.

Art Brett had a story of something like that back in the 70s though.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Well, Phil, the damn flight arrives at 7AM. I've only seen it in action once...it's not really the most spotter-friendly time frame if you ask me.

Not sure I'd want to photograph a guy's right leg with parts of the spine and hip falling from a jet, anyway...
    "My wife is an air traffic controller. I married her because I've always wanted to screw the FAA." - B. Wulle