Thread: LGA Baggage Handler Naps, Ends Up in Detroit

LGA Baggage Handler Naps, Ends Up in Detroit

Baggage Handler Takes Nap at 30,000 Feet
    (New York-WABC, June 4, 2005) — A baggage handler at LaGuardia airport got quite a surprise after taking a nap in an empty cargo bin of a Spirit Airlines plane.

The unnamed handler woke up 90 minutes later in Detroit.

Workers in Detroit couldn't believe their eyes when they saw the drowsy luggage loader in the cargo bin. It's clear every bin in the plane's cargo was not checked before takeoff, as required.

The U.S. Transportation Security Administration is investigating.

It was 32 degrees inside the plane's cargo hold during the flight.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

But the flight to Detroit isn't a 90 minute flight, is it?

I'm confused about how he could have slept through that. The departure, the cold. Sure he didn't just wake up inside it mid-flight?
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    he was in the rear bin, among a dog or two. that's beside the point though as the rear bin is always heated. anyway, we were having a great laugh at this guy's expense in the office yesterday. our fueling ssupervisors knows the guy... what a moron!!
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Security at our lcoal airports is a major issue. Stories like this are almost sad.

I hope this guy got fired.

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    my nderstanding is that that one guy in particular will get fired but the others assigned to the flight are in trouble too. obviously, nobody checked the cargo bin before departure. well it's either that nobody cecked or they intentionally left the guy in there.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

LOL what a story! That would be pretty weird waking up during take off in a cargo hold or waking up in flight wondering where you are .