Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Today at Farmingdale (Lots of Photos. 56K = NO!)

Today at Farmingdale (Lots of Photos. 56K = NO!)

Dusk arrival

From the JFK....Pilot was enjoying some off time with his aircraft and came to visit a friend. Must be nice!
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Sure beats driving. :mrgreen:
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    Sure beats driving. :mrgreen:
    Great use of taxpayer money, too.

I saw this guy depart on Sunday....hell I wish I knew he was there, I would have taken some pics before work on Sunday. Dang!

Great use of taxpayer money, too.
    It's just another training flight - they need to fly a certain amount to maintain proficiency, so why not make use of the time?

I saw it parked out there and wondered what it was all about.

Quote Originally Posted by moose135
    It's just another training flight - they need to fly a certain amount to maintain proficiency, so why not make use of the time?
    That's what I was gonna say.

And is that a missile on the side? Why only one?
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    That's what I was gonna say.

And is that a missile on the side? Why only one?
    no, no missile's on this bird.
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    that's nto a missle, it's a targetting pod. when the military dispatches airraft to civilian airports all offensive weapons are removed. just tthe way it works...
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

From this afternoon

Fred, nice shot! Aircraft was here with the Carolina Hurricanes hockey team. (all those who do not like hockey, now have a reason) Was that N211DB? Saw the aircraft as I was headed home after the game, even in the pouring rain, the SkyOne logo was "lit-up" must be reflective stickers.

This one is there now (Sunday) It's registered to MHPL LLC out of Miami, and I'm guessing it's here with the Florida Panthers hockey club (I've seen it listed as being used by the Florida Marlins baseball team earlier this year). They're playing the Islanders on Monday afternoon. It's a 1 pm game time, so look for it to leave sometime late in the afternoon - bring your camera to work Tommy!

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Great shots Fred! I want to spot with you one day at FRG and get some 727s if we are lucky. Maybe you won't drive off this time! :x
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69
    ......Maybe you won't drive off this time! :x
    Don't count on it! :lol:

awesome shots!!

This one is there now (Sunday) It's registered to MHPL LLC out of Miami, and I'm guessing it's here with the Florida Panthers hockey club (I've seen it listed as being used by the Florida Marlins baseball team earlier this year). They're playing the Islanders on Monday afternoon. It's a 1 pm game time, so look for it to leave sometime late in the afternoon - bring your camera to work Tommy!
    Yea, I got a few shots of her when she landed during the airshow rush of 2004 on Saturday when the Blue Angles were in town.

Here are some old shots of her....Smart looking paint job!

and the N-Number