Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Today at Farmingdale (Lots of Photos. 56K = NO!)

Re: Today at Farmingdale (Lots of Photos. 56K = NO!)

Quote Originally Posted by Derf
    Yep, they both came in the other night with about 200ft ceiling about 5 minutes apart... They both came from the same airport too!
    Yeah, that will happen when the two teams that play each other one night, have to play again the next night. ;)
    What, no 737 in the nighttime fog pics Fred???

Quote Originally Posted by lijk604
    Yep, they both came in the other night with about 200ft ceiling about 5 minutes apart... They both came from the same airport too!
    Yeah, that will happen when the two teams that play each other one night, have to play again the next night. ;)
    I ran to the end of the runway for this great picture of the aircraft above with my flash freezing the aircraft... The aircraft approaches... and you know this from the sound! It gets louder and louder then you start to see a dim light into the thick clouds/high fog at 60ft. The light turns into lights and and am pulling the flash..... as the plane passed, the Vorticies were insane. The Great Shot I got???

So Great, Midnight and I am thinking that, well... a second flash will give me an extra 1 stop.... and

You Guessed it! I screwed it up again! :borat:
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Miami Air N732MA arriving at FRG 11-13 with new winglets installed.

Quote Originally Posted by lijk604
    I ran to the end of the runway for this great picture of the aircraft above with my flash freezing the aircraft... The aircraft approaches... and you know this from the sound! It gets louder and louder then you start to see a dim light into the thick clouds/high fog at 60ft. The light turns into lights and and am pulling the flash.....
    Fred, do you use a bulb exposure for that?

Yep, but for the lightstreaks you do not need a tripod..Shake would have been cooler than the vertical lines.... Mine look like a laser printer printing a back page with a drum problem!
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Here is a better example of some light streaks I took a while ago.

Hung around FRG until 4 this afternoon, but never did see that 727 arrive. I did get a few shots of the EMB-120. It was late, and I was losing the light, but here are a few shots.

Good shots, I was racing down to get her in time but missed it. Got there a little after 4, hoping to at least get the 727 and a 737 sitting around somewhere, but alas, there was nothing. Wasn't a total loss, however.

Shoot first, ask questions later.
    dfalk.smugmug.com

11-27

I miss going to FRG, as soon as I get my license I think it will be time for me to catch up on some spotting at FRG.
    Nice shots guys!
    Patrick O --- Staten Island, NY

Had a meeting in Melville first thing this morning, then headed over to FRG to see if I could catch that AC A320. Unfortunately, it's not parked in a good spot for photography. I was sitting in the terminal lot, when I saw this roll out in front of me landing Rwy 1:

It's the EMB-145 of Dale Earnhardt, Inc NASCAR team. The NASCAR Nextel Cup Series award banquet is this Friday night in Manhattan, and it looks like this was bringing team members in for the festivities - there are actually a number of events over the next few days. I was a little surprised to see it, as I thought most would use TEB.

The N-number is based on the numbers of the cars the team runs - #1 and #8, as well as the #3 used for many years by Dale Earnhardt before his death in 2001.

It's parked down at Atlantic - once the bizjet next to the fence moved, it was easy to shoot. That's the tail of the AC A320 sticking up behind it. Once they parked, a stretch Town Car limo and 2 Escalades pulled up, but my view of the deplaning pax was blocked. Just as I was finishing up, one of the ramp guys headed my way, yelling something I couldn't hear and waving his arms. I just waved back, jumped in the car, and drove away :D

Checking FlightAware, it looks like Robert Yates Racing Beechjet 400 is due in around 3:25 this afternoon.

Within earshot of MD-80s who don't "Over fly Prospect Park to the extent practical"

Awesome catch, Moose!

> The NASCAR Nextel Cup Series award banquet is this Friday night in Manhattan, and it looks like this was bringing team members in for the festivities - there are actually a number of events over the next few days. I was a little surprised to see it, as I thought most would use TEB.<

There were a number of cars parked outside of Penn Station on 7th Ave last night and today they
    did the "flyby" in Manhattan.

Got back out to FRG to catch the Yates jet, landing Rwy 32:

It parked over at Sheltair, right up near the fence. May be shootable tomorrow, but this afternoon, it was directly into the setting sun. I did get to see team owner Robert Yates (one guy I respect immensely) his son Doug (who takes over the team next year) and their wives as they drove past me in the back of a big Suburban. BTW, the DEI jet was moved back near that AC A320, in a tough to shoot spot.

Why's that AC A320 there- for Nascar or another charter?
    Patrick O --- Staten Island, NY