Thread: What's your fav sushi place in the city?

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

What's your fav sushi place in the city?

For sushi, I gotta say that YAMA is pretty tough to beat.

For seafood, try McCormick and Schmick. Great crabcakes, and fresh!!
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Not to many sushi fan's I guess, hehe. I'm not a big fan myself. Man discovered fire for a reason.....to cook things, lol

lol

The only type of sushi I like is the California roll.

I like Ginza on Francis Lewis Blvd in Queens.
    Raw fish rocks!

Sushi Samba--I believe they have 4 locations. I always go to the one in the village.
    If it 'aint Boeing, I 'aint goin'.

I liked this place called Geolatto which is in the East Village (but I forget the exact address). We used to go there all the time; it was pretty cheap too.

This might be bordering on racial steryotyping (but I really don't care), but I find that Sushi joints runned by Japanese are much more expensive than those runned by others, specifically Koreans. Those owned by Koreans, like Geolatto, are just as good and a lot cheaper.

Zutto on Hudson Street in Tri-beca, about a block or two from Nobu. I've been to Nobu but was not overly impressed, the food at Zutto is just as good.

I want to check out the new Nobu in Mid-Town, it's in the Krock building.

Also last week went to Haru in Times Square last Weekend, great Sake-Tini.

Taro Sushi on Dean Street by Flatbush in Brooklyn and Ise Japanese on Pine St and Williams in Manhattan are the best sushi places in all five boros.
    Spotters have been Homeland Security before HS was a glimmer in the president's eye.

This is my second favorite hobby, food! Personally I feel there are many good sushi resturants in the city, just depends on your budget and if you are looking for a trendy/power scene or a cheaper more laid back scene. Nobu, Poke, Sushi Yasuda and Masa (crazy expensive) are all good sushi and trendy scenes. Ichiro on the upper east side is great, cheap and cozy. Iron sushi is good, not expensive but not great decor. Matsuri in the Maritime Hotel is great as its not as expensive as Nobu etc, but has great ambiance, trendy,and great sushi. Good place for a first date.
    Scott Snorteland
    http://www.srsimages.com

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    I forget the name but this little place downtown on Varick street was pretty good. It was near Van Dam st. I have this great place near me on the Island though. Awesome Sushi!

Tommy, get out of the dark ages!
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Ennju on 17th btw B'way and 5th. Very yummy, very reasonably priced, very fast. Pick up a spicy tuna roll and a crab with mayo roll and a drink for around $11 and under 5 minutes of your time.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

I hear Masa is great... if you can shell out at least $200 a plate. (which i can't).

East, on 28th and 3rd is pretty good, and reasonably priced...