OK, Today I passing KFRG and I saw four Blackhawk helicopters hovering
    just north of the Farmingdale University Campus. I went to the school and
    went as far as I could go and snapped a few shots. The school security
    guard said he never saw them and was clueless as to what they were up
    to. It took me about 10 minutes to get to them and I stayed for about
    15-20 min wishing they would leave in a hurry so I could get some more
    shots instead of just hovering shots.

Anyone know what this was?

The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

very interesting...I've been seeing a lot more Blackhwks flying over my house in huntington lately, just the other day saw three of them flying low to the west, though they could've been the ones form the air show. Still, i have seen a single ship pass by at least once a week for quite some time now. where else are blackhawks based around here besides Westhampton and possibly the Sikorsky factory?
    Shoot first, ask questions later.
    dfalk.smugmug.com

The Guard guys at ISP have a number of Blackhawks. From the photos, these look more like Army ones rather than from the ANG at Gabreski.

I saw a very large, very loud chopper heading east very low (300ft at most) over the LIRR main line around New Hyde Park yesterday afternoon. I didn't get a good look at it because it was moving so fast and it was hidden by buildings and trees from my angle, but at first glance I thought it might have been a Blackhawk. Maybe there was some kind of terror response drill yesterday.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

They've been real low over ISP to, the last two days they've been flying real low over my house. Interesting stuff

I was told today that a soldier died in Iraq. Not sure if it was a funeral but it sounds about right. No other reason I can think of that they would be so close and hovering for so long.
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    they were there as a final slute to a fellow (fallen) aviator at the military cemetary just north of the campus.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.