Thread: Thunderbirds Preview?

Thunderbirds Preview?

Spent about 10 Minutes watching what I believe were the Thunderbirds in low formation with a C-130 do several low loops around the harbor.

Good to see....

- Tom
    "Keep 'em Flying"

Tom,
    I am glad you brought this up. My uncle was flying to Europe today, so of course I voluntered to take him to JFK. After he went beyond security, I decided to go upstairs, for a nice fattening meal at Mcdonalds. As I was in terminal 1, I took a seat next to that window which overlooks 31L/13R. After being there for no more than 5 minutes, I spotted a Thunderbird taxing to 31L. Right away I knew something was up. Sure enough, about 5 minutes later, I heard a really loud roar. She was taking off, all afterburners, and speed. The best part was, aftter leveling off around 500 feet or so, she shot up straight towards the sky. Nose pointed at the clouds. This was one of the highlights of my aviation spotting "lifetime" so far. That, and the traffic mix at JFK, to bad one of you weren't there to share it with me.

Todays (Friday) New York Newsday has some great Thunderbird
    photo's from a press shoot over NYC Thursday including over
    "Lady Liberty"

Regards LGA777

I'm five miles away from Jones beach, so the Thunderbirds did quite a few passes over my house today.