Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2005 Jones Beach Air Show Memorial Day Weekend

HELL YEA! NICE SHOTS!

I will be there sunday! Hope to see you guys!!!!
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

OMG the show Rocked!!!!! Between Fred and I we took over 2000 pics, yes I know we're sick. I'm also red as a lobster which for some reason has become a trend everytime Fred and I go to airshows, anyway we had primo spots on the beach, we also got there at 7. Meet some cool people to and one jackass who had a lens any of us would die for but be had no clue how to use it. Fred and I both agreed he didn't deserve a lens like that, we did contemplate jumping him for the lens but our senses had the better of us, or was it the constant fly bye's??? Anyway once I go through some of my favorite shots I'll post some. God it was a great show!!!!!!

Fred can't thank you enough for the camera tips, my shots came out just amazing!!! Thanks again!!!

Eric and I were at the show earlier today, and it was indeed awesome! The sun kept ducking behind the clouds, but, for the most part, my pictures look like they came out great. I can't wait to process them!

Josh

Here's a few early release shots, hehe

Wave Hello to the Crowd!!

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    makes me want to visit FRG again. damn... need wheels!
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76
    OMG the show Rocked!!!!! Between Fred and I we took over 2000 pics, yes I know we're sick. I'm also red as a lobster which for some reason has become a trend everytime Fred and I go to airshows, anyway we had primo spots on the beach, we also got there at 7. Meet some cool people to and one jackass who had a lens any of us would die for but be had no clue how to use it. Fred and I both agreed he didn't deserve a lens like that, we did contemplate jumping him for the lens but our senses had the better of us, or was it the constant fly bye's??? Anyway once I go through some of my favorite shots I'll post some. God it was a great show!!!!!!

Fred can't thank you enough for the camera tips, my shots came out just amazing!!! Thanks again!!!
    OK, I just posted 74 NEW PICTURES here
    http://fromtheflightdeck.com/Long%20Island/2005Airshow/

The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

An Airliners.net Fan?????

Nice shots guys. I didn't make the show (had other plans) but was able to get to see the T-Birds at JFK today. They left for COS, #3 was absent and #8 left to do advance work at COS. Six of them blasted off 31L just seconds apart around 11am.

Looking forward to your more of your show shots...

Mike

THAT IS A GREAT TAKEOFF SHOT!!!! WHHOOOOOHAAAAA!

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Hey Mario!

Good to see you. Hope to see you soon. Wish I could have met you at Arts but this a new house seems to take a lot of time. I didn't make it to the airshow. Truth be known I don't care for them. I don't like the crowd and I would rather be at an airport watching commercial traffic come and go. May make it out to ISP tomorrow!
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Quote Originally Posted by mikephotos
    Nice shots guys. I didn't make the show (had other plans) but was able to get to see the T-Birds at JFK today. They left for COS, #3 was absent and #8 left to do advance work at COS. Six of them blasted off 31L just seconds apart around 11am.

Yep. I'll be seeing em out of my window here today and tomorrow, and then again probably next Saturday out at Peterson AFB (in COS).

Also good seeing you on here, Mario!! Hope to see you more, brotha.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    hey, Im back. Its Tuesday night and I didnt get a chance to post this AM. Looks like the aircraft are still trickling out of FRG.

I saw an f-15 depart FRG this AM at 09:37. Nice greeting on the way into the office.
    :D

the house is cmonig along,. thanks.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Hey Mario,

I missed you by about 2 or 3 hours I was at FRG for a few hours today. Not much going on. The two 727s ferrying horses were nice but the pics were backlit to death so they are basically worthless. Got some great pics of a Red Tailed Hawk but I don't think anet will accept it. :roll:
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    can you post hte red tail hawk photos?

Where did you see that?

I was up in Sullican County this weekend and saw a ton of Eagles soaring above us in Livingston Manor. Pretty wild!
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187