Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Malaysia 747 at Newark, last light of day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, Mike, you know I wasn't going to let that "no offense, well, perhaps Art" comment go unnoticed. I noticed. Nice shot. And Josh is right ... you do seem to be the King of Small Windows :)

While you were taking pics at EWR in that fantastic light we suffered through gray skies and gray planes at MIV. But we managed to catch a few interesting shots ...

Take a look at the new topic "A few shots from MIV" to see what we enjoyed ... ah, the sound of those old warbird engines and the fresh smell of oil in the air :)

Art

holy crap! sweet shot Mike i hope you submit it to one of the sites for the public to view! :)

Mike
    by popular vote your shot was made photo of the week! well done :)

http://www.jetphotos.net/

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Smith
    Mike
    by popular vote your shot was made photo of the week! well done :)

http://www.jetphotos.net/
    I am not suprised!!! Good Job!
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Good job, Mike. It's awesome to have a fellow NYCA photog on the front page of one of the major photo databases!

Josh

Monty! Good to hear from you, and the news is nice too.

I guess its more like 3 of us here Josh........, Ron, Art and me for now on JP, pardon me if I forgot anyone else..........(Senga and Monty I'm sure!, that's 5...)

My first time 'best of' for JP and only once I've been best of on "Airlinersrejected.net"

I'll tell u all this............ my best shots (IMO) were not planned, it just happened! Like this one ( I left work for a break with my camera when I saw a full rainbow and didn't know the Malaysian was coming in during daylight yet), my first moon shot, with the NWA319 and the Co with the flames......

I reiterate, thanks for your approval, much appreciated.

Mike
    "my finger on the shutter button, while my eye is over my shoulder"

Hey Mike...at Monty's suggestion, I'm now putting my collection on JP as well as A.net, so hopefully one day I'll make it to the front page as well. :)

Josh,

That sounds like a good idea!

I really do like the way JP works, lots of nice features, no silly 'view photos medium???!", great airport and radio info, breeze to look up a photographer, easy to see stats, lets not forget some decent, fair screening, etc...

They just need to tone down those pop ups!

Mike
    "my finger on the shutter button, while my eye is over my shoulder"

I've already got over 200 shots on JP, and a LARGE backlog of shots to go up there once I get a chance.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingColors
    Josh,

That sounds like a good idea!

I really do like the way JP works, lots of nice features, no silly 'view photos medium???!", great airport and radio info, breeze to look up a photographer, easy to see stats, lets not forget some decent, fair screening, etc...

They just need to tone down those pop ups!

Mike
    I dropped the $44 for JP Elite, and I'd say it has been well worth it to not have the pop-ups and banner ads. Plus, I have the unlimited queue slots, so it has been easy uploading my backlog of shots. It's also nice to be able to upload shots that might be unlevel by .1 micromillimeter.

I agree with everything you guys have said so far, JP Rocks ! So many pluses over to the other site, especially with the current 10-14 day que and the rate of and reasons for rejects. Mike I agree with Josh, splurge on the JP elite, it is well worth it if you are on the sight often. And for those of you reading this who are not that big of fans yet of JP, keep going there and keep uploading, the site will really grow on you !

Ron Peel

With all of us extolling the virtues of JP, I must also say that I have not given up on a.net. Like I said, I am uploading everything to both sites now, primarily because I believe that a.net still has the advantage in terms of site traffic and name-recognition. For those who want their photos viewed by as many people as possible, a.net is still something to include in your uploading plans. I don't think I'd ever completely give up on a.net, despite the ridiculous "rate of and reasons for" rejections (as Ron aptly said), because if not for a.net my photo skills would not be where they are today (which isn't to say they're great, but I've learned a lot from uploading to a.net).

All that being said, JP really is growing on me. Due to its friendlier and more relaxed culture, I've gotten some shots on JP that a.net rejected for really stupid reasons, and that makes me happy. I like being happy.

nice to have you guys uploading! though i have not screened a thing since i have returned home...apart from Mikes shot which is now where it rightfully should be!

i had a discussion in the crew forum about pulling my shots from a.net, the que has reduced by 2000 photos in 5 days, at this rate my photos which have been in the que for 4 days already look like getting screened in another week! god help them if i get a pissy rejection!

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    mike... that pic really is great!! kudos my freind!
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.