Thread: Thunderbirds schedule for 28-29

Thunderbirds schedule for 28-29

Does anyone know the Thunderbirds schedule for when they arrive here? I remember Josh told me they arrive that weds and practice on friday? If anyone could refresh my brain please let me know!

Got this from the airshows.org forums:

The Team Oracle PR department is based in Nevada...just barely though. I'm about 1/2 mile from the California border.

The civilian performers are doing a Statue of Liberty formation photo flight shortly after 1pm on Wednesday.

The Tbirds will do a NYC photo flight on Thursday from Noon-1pm. They will follow a C-130 from the Verazano Bridge, over SOL, up the East River, 180 near Yonkers, then down the Hudson exiting over the Verazano. Should be about 3 laps doing this profile. Altitude will be about 1,000' AGL.

Since we have some die-hard photographers out there, I'm curious to see if some great land-based shots turn up with the NYC skyline in the background. The TBirds are going to have their photogs both on the C-130 and staged at the SOL, so we'll see how it turns out.

If anyone gets some good stuff from the ground, feel free to email me at [email protected].

See ya next week...

Karl Koeppen
    Team Oracle

Steve...just for clarification, the T-Birds will be doing their NYC photo flights on Thursday, May 26th, right? I would love to take an hour or two off work and go get some nice photos, but I have no idea where the best place would be. Thoughts, anybody? I'd be happy to meet up with anyone else who wants to go get some pics.

You could always stand on the Brooklyn, Manhattan, Williamsburg, or Queensboro bridges, and get some "head-on" shots.

Unfortunately, it's just one pass, and that's it, so you have to be on the money.

That's probably the closest you'll get to the T'birds, as the bridges are pretty elevated.

They just may be too high for any good photo shots, but they probably will be flying pretty slow.

I just can't wait until the week after. Nothing like waking up to a screaming T'bird at full afterburner 100 feet over your room!