Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whats your favorite NY airport?

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Matt got to talk to her briefly last night, her English is improving. She is off the market though, my friend keeps a close eye on her. I will try to get a pic of her. The one I took sucked and had my friend in it as well.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

The two that I am closest to. JFK and LGA! However JFK has a great amount of variety. LGA as DNA said is easy to get around!

For me its SWF.
    I have flown there many times and have done photography there too. The ALSFII approach lights at the top of runway 9 are an awsome site when landing at night! Its the only airport in the area where you hold short for a C-5 doing touch and goes.

Senga

JFK !!!
    The beehive hummm of the JT9D and GE CF680C2,the thunder of the JT8D-17,the rumble of the PW1830 and the high ,thin whine of the PW 545A are all music to my ears!

For me it's JFK as well. During the high schools I would take the bus to the Pan Am World Port and go to the rooftop to watch aircraft movements, departures and arrivals. Then during my early college years I worked part time on the ramp for one of the service companies. I just about did everything ... From baggage handling, de-icing, to working topside on the 747 cargo birds just to mention a few. I was never bored. Every time the Concorde would arrive or depart I would stop and watch. I got opportunities to visit and sit in various cockpits ... My favorite was probably the DC10 because it seemed to be bigger and comfortable and loved those big windows. I wish I only had a camera with me during those days. Today I live near by JFK and enjoy everything it brings for aviation enthusiasts.
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Glad to see this thread got some movement after 10 years.
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

: ) !!!!
    The beehive hummm of the JT9D and GE CF680C2,the thunder of the JT8D-17,the rumble of the PW1830 and the high ,thin whine of the PW 545A are all music to my ears!

I was born under the Canarsie approach , and my love of flight and most heart felt flying dreams and aspirations were spawned at JFK, when I first flew in under my own steam in a freight dog DC-3 back in 1994, on the Canarsie, descending on a hot September night over South Ozone Park I had tears in my eyes, when I did the same in a 747-400 BCF 20 years later I felt the circle was complete, I love that airport, it is my field of dreams.

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    One of the most epic bumps ever!
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Wappingers Falls, New York, United States
    I love me some JFK. Every time I go there, it is well worth the 90 minute drive. Not only is there a ton of traffic, there can be a ton of variation as well. I love that one of the world's most significant airports is in our backyard.
    Ben Granucci, Wappingers Falls, NY
    NYCAviation Senior Editor & Director
    On Twitter @blgranucci
    More photos on Flickr
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69 View Post
    One of the most epic bumps ever!
    : )!!!