Thread: WN increases Florida flights from ISP

WN increases Florida flights from ISP

WN is increasing its florida flights from ISP. I guess this is the begining of the increased flights. Just think how many more we will get once we get the four more gates!

Beginning September 6, 2005:
    * One additional daily nonstop flight between Long Island/Islip and Tampa Bay (for a total of three daily).
    * One additional daily nonstop flight between Long Island/Islip and Orlando (for a total of five daily).
    * One additional daily nonstop flight between Long Island/Islip and West Palm Beach (for a total of three daily).

5 flights to orlando! Thats a lot. I didn't know that ISP-MCO was doing so well.

Also, with all of these additional flights coming into effect, what is WN going to do about the check-in area? There is limited space as it it. Will they use the vacant AA check-in areas?

I'm still at a loss as to where they plan to expand when the other four gates are done???? Eight gates for any airline is a good amount but with Southwest's turnaround time its like having double that. I'm guessing the four gates will aid the morning bank of flights, which are scattered since most of the aircraft are parked, and not at the gate. Mayby PHX and LAX will come online. Although transcon on a WN 737 doesn’t sound to exciting to me.

I don't think that only 3 more flights will break the current check-in setup. I'm sure they'll be able to accomodate just fine.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

I'm saying that once that once the 4 new gates come in, ISP is expecting to increase WN's ISP flights from somthing 36 flights a day to 80 flights a day. I read it in a pullout of the Suffolk Life.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76
    I'm still at a loss as to where they plan to expand when the other four gates are done????

Thats what I was thinking also. Maybe they will lease them to another airline if any ever come to ISP?