Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Tracking Trump 727 Movements (Updated February 26)

Here's mine from today. Of course a cloud covered the sun just as she pasted by for a side profile. Although still a cool sight to see and hear.

Nice shot Tommy, I was not on this site today (rare for me) until now. About 2 mins before Trump landed Cancides called me to say Trump was on the Expressway visual to 31 (he was driving on the BQE). Thanks to Matt I got 2 nice shots, the sun was nice from my angle and when he passed my tower was still airborne creating a nice visual effect as the 727 floated by !

Cheers

LGA777

Quote Originally Posted by moose135
    Back in December, the crew from The Apprentice" were at FRG for a day of shooting...He said they were told the scenes would be shown some time in February, but no specific date. I don't watch the show, but now I may need to set it up in the VCR.
    I'm watching the Apprentace right now, looked like a beautiful day for shooting pics of this plane...too bad none of us were there! They showed one of the low passes, shot from another plane in the air, you could see the shadow on the ground and everything. It looked freakin awesome.

Their task is to design an advertisement for Sam's Club to put on a blimp, another aviation related thing. Anyone see a Sams Club blimp around?
    Shoot first, ask questions later.
    dfalk.smugmug.com

Apprentice episodes are shot a couple months in advance. I think I remember someone posting about them filming Trump jet shots at FRG not so long ago. Make yourself known! :)
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

There are usally repeated several times late at night on CNBC !

Cheers

LGA777

There were some great air to air shots from the show last night, and did you notice how many times the plane is in the opening credits?

I checked the TV listings, tonight (Wed Mar 1st) there are Apprentice reruns on CNBC at both 8:00 and 11:00 P.M. While I am not positive this is Monday's episode with the FRG scenes I believe it is, if I am wrong sorry.

LGA777

Just caught the 2300 Apprentice rerun on CNBC and it was in fact this weeks as I had hoped/sorta expected. I am so glad Tommy mentioned this, the scenes at FRG and the air to air scenes of VP-BDJ where great ! The brief cabin shots did not reveal much about the interior but the two framed paintings on the bulkheads, I thought looked out of place on an airplane. I liked the way DT mentioned parking his 727 near the end of the runway at LGA was great advertising for him ! If you missed it Monday night or tonight another CNBC rerun at 9:00P and 12:00M this Sunday night Mar 5th, the scenes with the magnificent Trump 727 all take place in the first 10 mins !

Again Tommy A, thanks for mentioning, really enjoyed the air to air scenes !

Cheers

LGA777

Here is my "shameless plug" of my most recent Trump photo

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=5689301

While the quality isn't very good I was pretty happy with what the airplane was doing, note how choppy Flushing Bay is, very windy day !

Cheers

Ron Peel

Nice shot Ron! I'm plenty jealous.

As I said before, the plane ducked into shadow just as it entered the ideal spot, so I had to settle for this garbage:

[/i]
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Hey guys,

the Trumpster is due to arrive at LGA around 1045 from Philly, just thought I'd let you all know. :D

Regards,
    -Omar S.

Thanks Omar....if for some reason they change to 22...I'm gonna grab it. :)

Well, most everyone knows what happened on Monday when I went to see Trump.

I noticed that he is due to depart from LGA this afternoon, in about an hour @ 3pm....right now they're using 31 for departures. I can watch that from afar from my balcony, I think.

Mel, first of all Thanks for posting, I had not been on flightaware yet today so I was not aware. Secondly whenever I see Trump file a flightplan whether its from LGA or elsewhere he usally departs a lot later than scheduled, as far as today, while I could be completly wrong, I predict a 1700-1730 departure !

Cheers

LGA777

Ron,

Do you know if we'd be able to at least just SEE it from our balcony? You're pretty familiar with our area....what do you think?