Thread: Future Plans for the Forum - Part 1

Future Plans for the Forum - Part 1

I've been involved with many message boards both as a member, moderator and aministator. One thing that I've always seen cause trouble is the message board not growing at the same rate as the memberships and the messages.

As activity goes up, I'm going to be taking a look at the kind of topics that people psot. If I see a large percentage of a certain kind of topics posted, or something that might distract from what the goal of that forum might be, I'll give it it's own forum accordingly.

For example, I am starting to see that some threads might be started which aren't discussion threads, as much as they are news threads to inform people. So soon, you might see a forum titled "News and Aircraft Visitors" right under the General Discussion forum. But this change, if it happens, might not happen for some time yet until the board becomes more settled and we study various trends.

I'm also going to be starting a "sticky" thread to stay at the top of the NYC Chat forum that jsut has a list of resoucres. It's a thread with links directly to thigns like subway maps, weather reports and touristy stuff or things that would be relevant to our city.

I have a few more ideas and plans that I'll share soon. Just wanna keep you folks informed and check your thoughts.

-Phil
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

I've been seeing a few spotting meet up posts, and there are bound to be a few of them as each weekend approaches. As time goes on, I can see threads like that becoming very popular...

I wouldn't say they're a hassle to sort through, but they do seem to "clash" with all the other General Discussion threads.

(We need that "just my two cents" emoticon from A.net, too!)

Brian
    "My wife is an air traffic controller. I married her because I've always wanted to screw the FAA." - B. Wulle

Quote Originally Posted by Futterman
    I've been seeing a few spotting meet up posts, and there are bound to be a few of them as each weekend approaches. As time goes on, I can see threads like that becoming very popular...

I wouldn't say they're a hassle to sort through, but they do seem to "clash" with all the other General Discussion threads.
    I totally agree on this one. These posts should have their own forum just to make it as easy as possible for people to find out what's going on.