Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NYC Trip May 12-16th

Well, I wont be able to get out there in 2 1/2 hours, so I guess it doesn't matter for me anymore. :)

thanks Monty

For the info on Wunala today, QF107 came in around 5:25

Eric
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

we were side by side with Wunala all the way to Sydney from LA, could see her outside my window most of the way. i knew she was going all the way just a matter of you guys going out to see her.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Smith
    we were side by side with Wunala all the way to Sydney from LA, could see her outside my window most of the way.
    Get any inflight pics?

Josh

to dark, could just make it out as she was lower and wider of us but accelerating past us.

have done a trip report if you guys are interested in reading. i will not upload ANC shots to a.net while the que sits at close to 15000, so check them at jetphotos.net!

it's long and jammed full of photos so i am sure you'll all like it, yum gets a mention too!

http://www.airliners.net/discussions/tr ... ain/58088/

Brian
    for your info, the a/c that operated QF107 on the friday that we saw was VH-OEC

Brian
    I don't see how that's possible. I flew OEC three years ago--it's a 4H6 from Malaysia Airlines or something (one of the first for QF with GE engines).

We saw an ER that evening, though, and Echo Charlie is not an ER.

So it wasn't EB, EC, or VH-"I-Hate-Dunetz" OEJ. Guess again! ;)

Brian
    "My wife is an air traffic controller. I married her because I've always wanted to screw the FAA." - B. Wulle

Quote Originally Posted by Futterman
    VH-"I-Hate-Dunetz" OEJ.
    Ain't that the truth. :)

(j/k Eric...)

Quote Originally Posted by Futterman
    Brian
    I don't see how that's possible. I flew OEC three years ago--it's a 4H6 from Malaysia Airlines or something (one of the first for QF with GE engines).

We saw an ER that evening, though, and Echo Charlie is not an ER.

So it wasn't EB, EC, or VH-"I-Hate-Dunetz" OEJ. Guess again! ;)

Brian
    i am trying to workout if there was a plane switch in LA or not, i don't believe there was as all QF ex JFK to Sydney depart from T4 @ LAX and there would be no plane to switch too, unless Qantas had and aircraft waiting in La at T4 for the continuation of 108. from what i am seein here QF 108 was OEC JFK-LAX-SYD on 11th may and returned to the US on 13th may as QF 149, VH-OEH was the ER that did the MEL-LAX service.

if it was an ER then it was switched at LAX to opearte QF 107 and would have been VH-OEH that we saw.

you should expect to see Wunala a bit more often too! its back doing the US sectors so i will give heads up.

ok here is the info i have, VH-OEC was definately the plane that we saw on the 13th! it arrived in LAX area late, just after midnight to be exact.

Unless you're getting that info from a dispatcher (and in that case I'd need the foot-in-mouth smiley), it's wrong. OEC is not an ER, and the photos I have CLEARLY show "Boeing 747-400 ER" just aft of the wing root.

I can't make out the registration, but it doesn't look like OEH (and can't be OEC)...looks like OEG.

And VH-OEG is an ER.

Brian
    "My wife is an air traffic controller. I married her because I've always wanted to screw the FAA." - B. Wulle

my apologies i was reading the wrong log sheet, it certainly was an ER and the aircraft was as follows.

VH-OEE (B744 QFA) 2354 20050513 QF0108 (JFK-LAX-SYD)

****mucher. haha :D

Looks better, now, good work. Looking forward to hearing more about Wunala...

Brian