Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: ISP April 14th SCPD and their Gestapo tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by N790SW
    I myself have spotted at ISP - that was on 8-09-04 - and the cop was a real d**k. " CANT YOU READ THE SIGN NO TRESSPASSING- GOODBYE!!". I guess we should all go to dunking doughnuts before visiting ISP ehh =P
    Hi N790SW... Yes, for the sake of the hobby at least, and probably just in general.. the police are the ones we'll be calling (probably) in certain emergencies, so its not only best to give them some respect here for practical reasons, but they also deserve better than blanket insults here, just on principle alone.

Lets remember its not (usually) a glamorous job, and in some localities it pays poorly for the work etc..

I agree with you though, that if it was at all possible you or someone else *might* have "missed" the sign, or you had not been told previously etc, its a ****ty way to approach you. The NYPD have that slogan now.. Courtesy, Professionalism, Respect. Its there for a reason and all law enforcement should follow that (whenever reasonably possible).

Tom
    "Keep 'em Flying"

You guy do understand the incident he refers to happen 2 1/2 years ago? The SCPD Airport Operations CO is now aware of spotting and has advised his officers.
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Turner
    Quote Originally Posted by N790SW
    I myself have spotted at ISP - that was on 8-09-04 - and the cop was a real d**k. " CANT YOU READ THE SIGN NO TRESSPASSING- GOODBYE!!". I guess we should all go to dunking doughnuts before visiting ISP ehh =P
    Hi N790SW... Yes, for the sake of the hobby at least, and probably just in general.. the police are the ones we'll be calling (probably) in certain emergencies, so its not only best to give them some respect here for practical reasons, but they also deserve better than blanket insults here, just on principle alone.

Lets remember its not (usually) a glamorous job, and in some localities it pays poorly for the work etc..

I agree with you though, that if it was at all possible you or someone else *might* have "missed" the sign, or you had not been told previously etc, its a ****ty way to approach you. The NYPD have that slogan now.. Courtesy, Professionalism, Respect. Its there for a reason and all law enforcement should follow that (whenever reasonably possible).

Tom
    Tom in many cases your right but SCPD are the highest paid in the nation and have a very cushy job. IMO these folks should take a pay cut, there is no reason an SCPD officer needs to be making over 100 grand a year. The job isn't nearly as risky as NYC and they don't even have to have a four year degree (which is problem IMO).

The sign Bobby is talking about is more then likely the general no trespassing sign hung on the perimeter fence around the airport. Unlike LGA and JFK which are owned by Port, ISP is owned directly by the town and is totally public property outside the fence. This sounds like a classic example of cop seeing a teenager and acting out of line because he thinks he can talk to Bobby that way.

Quote Originally Posted by emshighway
    You guy do understand the incident he refers to happen 2 1/2 years ago? The SCPD Airport Operations CO is now aware of spotting and has advised his officers.
    I understand EMS..and thank you for your efforts on our behalf.. much appreciated. I only posted in response to Bobby because he had posted only a day or so ago. :)

Tom
    "Keep 'em Flying"

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76
    .. SCPD are the highest paid in the nation and have a very cushy job. IMO these folks should take a pay cut, there is no reason an SCPD officer needs to be making over 100 grand a year.
    NO JUSTICE, NO PEACE... :)

just kidding.. Point taken Tommy.

Hopefully, like EMS says, things are better for everyone now. :)
    "Keep 'em Flying"

I agree with you Tommy... There is no reason they need to make that kind of loot..... I told buddies of mine who were officers down in Florida about SCPD and they said that was sickening..... No rreason but hey they enjoy it. If they can sucker the county into that kind of pay than more power to them I guess .
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Quote Originally Posted by hiss srq
    I agree with you Tommy... There is no reason they need to make that kind of loot..... I told buddies of mine who were officers down in Florida about SCPD and they said that was sickening..... No rreason but hey they enjoy it. If they can sucker the county into that kind of pay than more power to them I guess .
    You guys have it all wrong.
    Getting clunked over the head with a DSLR is very dangerous. Its a serious life and death situation that comes with the job. Furthermore camera gear is often manufactured with toxic chemicals, increasing the chance of a shortened life.
    "my finger on the shutter button, while my eye is over my shoulder"