Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your Cell Phone Carrier

Your Cell Phone Carrier

What cell phone service do you guys have?

I have T-Mobile, which I really enjoy. I get unlimited text messaging, 600 anytime and free nights and weekends for a total of about $63 a month after taxes.

May will be the one year mark for me, and then I'm getting a phone upgrade.

Also, help me convince Art to stop using NExtel or to keep his phone on more. :lol:
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

I've got Sprint. I've noticed they've gotten a lot better in the city over the last 5 years, plus I like their service plan.

Their nationwide service is one of the best, with a lot of coverage. Being in the military, right now in Colorado, the people I call often have cell phone area codes from their respective areas (for example I kept my 646 area code even though the local AC here is 719). I also end up having to call people all over the country and it's a lot easier to have a good service plan and carrier. Sprint has worked real well for me. I would recommend them to anyone, especially those who travel frequently.

My pocket.
    "My wife is an air traffic controller. I married her because I've always wanted to screw the FAA." - B. Wulle

Phil, I think I have exactly the same T-Mobile plan as you. Wow, we're like blood brothers or something.

I have Verizon all the way!!!

Verizon Wireless. My plan has 400 peak minutes, unlimited nights/weekends, unlimited IN calling (can call any other Verizon Wireless person and not have the minutes charged against the peak minutes), and 1,000 text messages. I couldn't tell you what the bill runs, since a couple months ago I upgraded the text messages and the last month I went over on peak minutes. That's a $78 phone bill I got to pay by the end of the month.

I don't necessarily lose calls, but when I do, its usually because of the person on the other end. I have lost calls from entering tunnels, particularly the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel's two tunnels and the Hampton Roads Bridge-Tunnel.

I have Nextel, but unless they complete this Sprint deal really soon and improve service and phone selection, I'm going to buy out my contract because I really hate them.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Verizon is the only way to go.

I had AT&T for about 4 years, but it suddenly became Cingular (well, after their merger). Same service though. 200+ anytime minutes, unlimited nights & weekends, free long distance. With a corporate discount, it's $35 (tax included) per month.

Verizon Wireless, ex-T-Mobile customer.

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    nextel, and absolutely love it. i don't know what so many people have against them, but i don't know how i could live without it. then again, i have a corporate plan so maybe it's a little better for me. i even get service in the subways sometimes. i've had conversations on the two-way while on the platform in grand central station.

oh yea, just about everyone at my job uses nextel so it's easy to communicate with them all.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

mine is a cingular
    "Regardless of where you go or what you do with the rest of your life,
    you can always know that when fate chose
    you for the ultimate test, you were not found wanting".

Captain William Kinkead in a letter to the crew of TWA Flight 843

T-mobile.... I hate it, I never have service!

I have Verizon, had them for the past eight years, can't complain. They do call me all the time wanting me to up my plan however.

Quote Originally Posted by Fly1346
    T-mobile.... I hate it, I never have service!
    I realy think it depends on the phone. I have T-Mobile and I had AWESOME service with the cheap phone that came with my plan.

Then I "upgraded" and now my reception isn't all that great.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].