Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your Cell Phone Carrier

I have Sprint and for the two phone lines I have I am paying nearly 120 a month or so right now. Nuts! Do not use Sprint
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Quote Originally Posted by hiss srq
    I have Sprint and for the two phone lines I have I am paying nearly 120 a month or so right now. Nuts! Do not use Sprint
    Hiss why do you need two phones? Its a dam cell phone their portable that's the point.

I use one for personal purposes the other one.... I am still figureing that one out. I barely use it except for that it is the number my company calls me on and I get my live football scores on. Otherwise I am not sure.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

So you have 2 phones, one for personal and the other one you're not sure? I don't get it. Also, for 2 lines, $120 a month is really quite good. We're on a family plan and pay a bit more than that for our 2 lines. It's pretty standard to pay at least $60 a month for a cell phone nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellyrose
    It's pretty standard to pay at least $60 a month for a cell phone nowadays.
    Really? I have a Cingular plan (used to be on AT&T until they merged) and I recently upgraded to the newer GSM (?) service. With 450 anytime and 5000 night & weekend minutes, plus no charge long distance and nationwide no-roaming, I pay $39.99 + tax with a free phone.

I guess I meant to say that it's standard with features like unlimited (or even just packaged) text messages, and more daytime minutes....usually if you're using your cell phone as your primary line.

I use Virgin Mobile because it's the cheapest for someone who only uses it a couple times a week. The service and the phones are terrible though.
    Nick S. @ EWR

I use verizon wireless for me.

I just upgraded to a free phone too.

LG VX8300 I really enjoy it so far.

Alex
    www.southwest.com Bags Fly Free. Anytime, Anywhere on Southwest Airlines. Share the LUV!

I recently did some research and found out about Sprint's SERO plan. It's a friends and family thing for Sprint employees but they had a holiday special opening it up for the public- you just had to know how to enter the site. Go here for details: http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread ... 0&t=385350

I ended up getting a Moto KRZR for only $197. After a $75 and $150 mail-in rebate, I'll get an extra $28 back plus the phone will be free. Unfortunately I found out how sh*tty razr/krzr phones are and I'm going to call Sprint to exchange it for a Treo 700wx. Of all the years I've been with Sprint I've loved the service and my phones. This is the first time I've been this unsatisfied with a new phone purchase.

As for my plan, it couldn't get any sweeter. I have 500 anytime minutes, unlimited nights & weekends starting at 7pm, unlimited sprint mobile to mobile calling, roaming included, unlimited power vision access (mobile web), unlimited picture mail, aaaand 500 free text messages per month. Guess how much I pay pre-tax...

...$30! For all of that. It was the best deal of the year ;) Everything was included in the $30 plan except for the texting. I got the free texting just for being nice to the account services rep I spoke to. I was talking to one guy and asked if texting was included and he said no and gave me the price plans for texting. I said alright and told him to add the $5 for 300 texts to my plan. After the call I checked out my plan online and didn't see anything abou texting so I called back and spoke to another guy. I asked him if the previous guy added texting and he said "no he didn't, but I'll give you 500 free a month... just because I'm in a giving mood". That was pretty awesome of him.
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    the extent of showing all was moving their bikinis over to show their vajajays, but only if you were sitting up close and had $$$ out. No Gucci, no coochie!