Page 199 of 221 FirstFirst ... 99149189195196197198199200201202203209 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,985 of 3308

Thread: Republic Farmingdale (FRG) Notable Visitors

Do you know if they will be flying tomorrow 9Saturday) as well? Would love to catch them at the airfield.
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Not sure, the link only says they'll be practicing Friday afternoon and doing the flyover Sunday.
    FYI - the helicopters were parked on Rwy 28 and on the east side of Rwy 22 at CDW before.
    Last edited by Chris S; 2014-01-31 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gonzalu View Post
    Do you know if they will be flying tomorrow 9Saturday) as well? Would love to catch them at the airfield.
    That looked very cool!! Actually counted 14!! And Manny, love the music!! Were you guys starting Friday early? LOLOL!!

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    And Manny, love the music!!
    Any large formation of military helos needs Ride of the Valkyries from Apocalypse Now!

Delta Airliner at Republic today

I drove by caught her out of the side of my eye... maybe a-320??? It was along Rt 109...

Probably a hockey charter. NW used to do a bunch of them, and DL inherited that business in the merger.

Last edited by moose135; 2014-02-27 at 07:13 PM.

Yeah, that Delta Charter was for Toronto Maple Leafs tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S View Post
    FYI- I went over to FRG today and they're shooting a TV pilot called "Believe" with the C-123.
    They taxied the C-123 from SheltAir over to the Main Terminal to do more filming over there too.
    I also talked to one of the American Heritage Pilots with the C-123 and he said if all goes well
    they should be departing back to the Pittsburgh Area in the morning.
    It's been almost a year since they filmed at FRG, but the new show "Believe" premieres on NBC next Monday, 3/10 at 10PM.
    Here is a behind the scenes video of the show and one part you can even see them filming at FRG next to the C-123.

I believe it was an L-5 Stinson Sentinel used by the USMC for light observation in WW2 that was parked in its USMC colors by the old Control Tower today!! It had VMO-7 on the body, 112386 also and Mag 38, Quang Tri on the tail. Did research and thought maybe it was an L-4 Grasshopper!! Whatever, it looked very cool.
    Also Guard Blackhawk 23615 came in twice today!! Heard them past my house in and out around 10:30AM then just as I pulled up to the light on 109 into Sheltair it departed again out to the North climbing to 5000 feet!
    What an absolutely beautiful day today!!

The weather is getting to be so nice now, hopefully we'll be spotting some great visitors soon!

For anyone in the area, there is a Chinook & a Blackhawk over at Sheltair. Backlit at this time, but if they are still here around sunset could be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by lijk604 View Post
    For anyone in the area, there is a Chinook & a Blackhawk over at Sheltair. Backlit at this time, but if they are still here around sunset could be interesting.
    Anyone know when they are leaving? My mole who was there today saw them putting covers on the Chinooks engines and tied the aircraft down and saw the crew leaving with large backpacks. That was around 3:30. Just got home from work and too tired to scoot over there. The Guinness in the fridge is calling my name!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Anyone know when they are leaving? My mole who was there today saw them putting covers on the Chinooks engines and tied the aircraft down and saw the crew leaving with large backpacks.
    Word around the airpatch is the Chinook diverted into FRG with an engine "issue". It may be here for a few days...
    Phantom II - The World's Largest Distributor of MiG Parts!

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomII View Post
    Word around the airpatch is the Chinook diverted into FRG with an engine "issue". It may be here for a few days...
    Thanks. Stopped by at 4:30 today and sitting there quietly in the afternoon sun.

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    I was at Sheltair eating my dinner at that time too. LOL
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol