Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Jones Beach Air Show, May 28 - 29th

All is quiet at the terminal as of 930AM Wed.

#5 sits on the tarmac like a cooler left on a porch after a house party, filled with warm beer cans and melted ice.

BA 5 is still on the ramp at the main terminal.

The team is scheduled to practice today in Pensacola Fl today at 11:30 AM CDT (12:30) our time.

Don't know how the practice will affect Fat Albert coming in for the repairs to #5

The team is supposed to transit to Tenn tomorrow for their next show.
    http://fredkopf.smugmug.com

Fat Albert due into Republic at 1:30pm

Bert on the ground.

Get your butts to the terminal now. He's along the fence unobstructed.

Quote Originally Posted by rkfast View Post
    Get your butts to the terminal now. He's along the fence unobstructed.
    Wish I could, just got to work and saw him on approach. Anyone know what is the issue with #5?
    Glenn

favorite photos from weekend..

Last edited by ToneB; 2016-06-01 at 02:27 PM.

Here are my favorite few shots from this weekend, and a link to the entire gallery. Look for Jared in the Golden Knights jet!

Here's the entire gallery: http://s1358.photobucket.com/user/An...brary/FRG 2016
    Antonis Panayotatos
    Owner, Photographer
    www.stellaryear.com

Canon 5D MkIII, Canon 7DMkII: Canon 24-70L USM II, Sigma 50mm f/1.4, Sigma 85mm f/1.4ART, Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro, Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 DG OS HSM

Not sure if #5 is still at FRG, but Fat Albert just took off a few minutes ago heading west.

Thoroughly enjoyed the show this year. Best one since 2012. It seemed to go by so fast at the beach! Please have a look at my YT channel for my videos just posted. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdd...00VR6EyeN22oMQ Thanks!
    Passengers should NEVER leave babies in an infant carrier while it goes through the X-ray machine"
    --TSA.GOV website

Quote Originally Posted by ch2tdriver View Post
    Thoroughly enjoyed the show this year. Best one since 2012. It seemed to go by so fast at the beach! Please have a look at my YT channel for my videos just posted. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdd...00VR6EyeN22oMQ Thanks!
    I absolutely agree!! 3 jet teams!! 4 high performance teams when you count the Geico Team who always put on a tremendous show!! The F-16 doing his thing and the Heritage Flight along with the Golden Knights and the acrobatic soloists!! Just great great stuff!!! And the action at FRG was amazing especially with the use of Runway 14 for the Angels all weekend though they originally came in on 32 Thursday!! Great location along 110 to watch them come in and zoom right over your heads!! No trees in thew way!! And not crazy like New Highway!! I know the savvy fans watched them depart 14 on New Highway then drive over to watch them by Rt 110.
    And I know this is WAY EARLY but usually the military teams switch off year to year so next year we probably get the Thunderbirds!! What can we do to have them use FRG? Theyve done it before!! Makes the weekend experience so much better!! Are they anti-social? LOL!! Anyway just a thought!

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    And I know this is WAY EARLY but usually the military teams switch off year to year so next year we probably get the Thunderbirds!! What can we do to have them use FRG? Theyve done it before!! Makes the weekend experience so much better!! Are they anti-social? LOL!! Anyway just a thought!
    Jones Beach is already confirmed on their 2017 schedule

Lengthen the runway and pave the taxiways...Snowbirds requested back taxi on 19 after landing Saturday "due to the condition of the taxiway" and had an engine problem on one of their jets after sucking up some rocks on the taxiway.

Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    Lengthen the runway and pave the taxiways...Snowbirds requested back taxi on 19 after landing Saturday "due to the condition of the taxiway" and had an engine problem on one of their jets after sucking up some rocks on the taxiway.
    So John the Falcon needs more runway length to land and take off than the Hornet? When they were here in 2009 someone told me they needed an FAA waiver to be able to use Republic.

So John the Falcon needs more runway length to land and take off than the Hornet? When they were here in 2009 someone told me they needed an FAA waiver to be able to use Republic.
    From what I understand they need only like an additional 250 feet more than what FRG has for some reason. Seems like its not much, but thats their directive. I do recall last time they were at FRG most of their takeoffs were in burner. Not sure if that was to make noise for the crowd or because of the "short" runway.

Regardless of the reason, it stinks they cant base out of FRG.