Thread: Stumbling Pays Off

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

Stumbling Pays Off

my buddy uses firefox, and has a stumble" button in his browser. anyway, he came up with this one day:

http://www.flickriver.com/photos/set...r-interesting/

personally, i love the guy's firework shots. kinda pissed i missed the manhattan equinox this year too!
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Re: Stumbling Pays Off

Lots of great photos there. I noticed the pic of the Manhattan Equinox. Excuse my ignorance, but what is that?

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

it when the sun sets directly down a certain NYC street, don't remember which one exactly.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Quote Originally Posted by cancidas
    it when the sun sets directly down a certain NYC street, don't remember which one exactly.
    Twice a year, May 28 and July 12, the sunset is aligned directly down the east/west streets of Manhattan. You should be able to see the sunset down just about any street.

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31

Also known as Manhattanhenge. A similar phenomenon happens if you look to the left as you're arriving on the 22s at EWR. The buildings seem to 'part' as you cross each street's extended centreline. Once you establish your position on a 2-way street (noticibly wider), you can track your position all the way from the Upper West Side until the grid dissolves in the Village. Plus, at 160kts, you cover each block in approximately 1.1 seconds (only slightly slower than some cab rides I've been on), so you get a flipbook effect.

Wow, after stumbling across your stumble, I stumbled across this stunning shot of the unisphere in Flushing-Meadows.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9