Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Jones Beach Airshow 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S View Post
    FYI - As per the ACC website, they just added a F-22 & P-51 Heritage Flight to their schedule for Jones Beach also
    That P-51 may most likely be Jim Beasley and 'Bald Eagle'. He recently returned from the HF conference and qualified. He had some pics up on WIX in the HF conference thread.
    Passengers should NEVER leave babies in an infant carrier while it goes through the X-ray machine"
    --TSA.GOV website

Yeah, I figured it would be Jim Beasley flying "Bald Eagle" again this year in the HF at Jones Beach also, especially since I haven't heard anything about the status of "Glamorous Gal" being fixed yet

No mention in this thread indicates the date of the airshow. Anyone?
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

The Jones Beach Air Show is on Memorial Day weekend as usual, Sat and Sun., May 26 & 27th

Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    That's the thing I don't understand - they have all this stuff in town for Fleet Week, and do demos all around the area, yet they can't get an Osprey or something down to the beach for the show. That's the stinkin' Navy for you!
    Couldn't agree with you more Moose. I've been saying that for years!
    +++++1970-2006+++++
    Tomcats Forever, Baby!

That's the thing I don't understand - they have all this stuff in town for Fleet Week, and do demos all around the area, yet they can't get an Osprey or something down to the beach for the show. That's the stinkin' Navy for you!

at least they did not got to TURKEY!!!
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Don't they work for the Navy? They go for rides on those big grey boats...
    The USMC started out as a division of the Navy, just as the USAF started out as a division of the Army. However, the Marines still have close ties to the Navy, since they can't actually get anywhere without hitching a ride on those big boats ;) The USAF has done the opposite, they provide rides for the Army... LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Billbo1970 View Post
    The USMC started out as a division of the Navy, just as the USAF started out as a division of the Army. However, the Marines still have close ties to the Navy, since they can't actually get anywhere without hitching a ride on those big boats ;) The USAF has done the opposite, they provide rides for the Army... LOL.
    Actually, the Marines, while having a separate command structure, are under the authority of the Department of the Navy and the Secretary of the Navy. The Air Force is a completely independent branch, under the Secretary of the Air Force.

Actually, the Marines, while having a separate command structure, are under the authority of the Department of the Navy and the Secretary of the Navy. The Air Force is a completely independent branch, under the Secretary of the Air Force.
    I stand corrected!

I think I might be able to make it for Saturday's show!

Senior Member Fighting_falcon_51's Avatar
    Airshow news has kind of been dry lately but I did come across this article regarding fleet week. http://www.silive.com/news/index.ssf...week_to_r.html

The Navy's ace "Blue Angels" team also will fly over the flotilla during the opening event at 11:30 a.m., before headlining an air show at Jones Beach on Long Island.

I assume the flyby will be on the 23rd since it is the opening day of fleet week?
    http://www.kjpgallery.com << Photography Collection
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

Yes, the Blue Angels flyover and Leap Frogs Jump will be on May 23rd, as long as the FAA approves it.

Just an FYI. The Space Shuttle Enterprise will be flown around Manhattan on Fri 4/27 if weather permits.

http://theboken.com/hoboken-headline...t-after-10-am/

Quote Originally Posted by tuko829 View Post
    Just an FYI. The Space Shuttle Enterprise will be flown around Manhattan on Fri 4/27 if weather permits.
    Welcome to NYCA, where Search is your friend... http://nycaviation.com/forum/threads...pril-23rd-2012

Welcome to NYCA, where Search is your friend... http://nycaviation.com/forum/threads...pril-23rd-2012
    Oh Moose, play nice! ;) I didn't know about it until I read it here so thanks for the info Tuko.

Bill