Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's wrong with this plane?

What's wrong with this plane?

Ok I hope I'm not the only one to pick up what's wrong with this plane.. Anyone else see it?

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.p...5783652&nseq=0

Its a turboprop and its name is twinjet?
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

That would be my guess.
    nwa FOREVER!

Yep exactly, what the hell airline names themselves Twin jet and uses props?

"Twin Jet, the airline of really really stupid people who don't know the difference between a prop and a jet! Fly us today!"
    nwa FOREVER!

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    well tommy, that engine is basically a jet engine, just has a prop attached to the shaft. it works in the same way, but instead of providing thrust, it provides torque to the prop shaft.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Quote Originally Posted by cancidas
    well tommy, that engine is basically a jet engine, just has a prop attached to the shaft. it works in the same way, but instead of providing thrust, it provides torque to the prop shaft.
    Matt its a dam prop! There are big external blades that spin around, its a prop and a stupid name for an airline.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76
    Matt its a dam prop! There are big external blades that spin around, its a prop and a stupid name for an airline.
    You are both right! I am so confused!!!! :lol:
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Quote Originally Posted by Derf
    You are both right! I am so confused!!!! :lol:
    I'm glad I can be of service Fred, LOL :lol: :lol:

Hmm, if that's a Beech 1900, it uses P&WC engines. My father worked on the design of these, and they're turboprops.
    I'm learning to fly, around the clouds. But what goes up must come down. - Tom Petty

We got that :D
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

For anyone who is scraching their head,
    http://www.grc.nasa.gov/WWW/K-12/airpla ... /etpf.html

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

tommy, i agree but the engine is still a turbine (jet).
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Well, this is what in the early days of turbine-powered propeller aircraft (say the 1950's) was often marketed as a "propjet." This was in order to distinguish such aircraft from the then-common piston aircraft, which were slower and rather less comfortable due to noise and vibration.

As for the plane in the picture, in engineering terms, it's a turbine aircraft. But as everyone can see, it has propellers. So, in the 21st century, I would say it's a bit much to call it Twin Jet but then again, maybe that is the name of the company and they also operate pure jets. Or maybe they are just being cute and reaching back 50 years!

Nope they only operate 9 Beech 1900's (once C variation, the rest D)
    nwa FOREVER!