Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: FAO Everyone (NHL Playoffs)

Ugh, Rangers loss. Kings all the way in the finals!
    Adam Sheinhaus

Let's go Devils!

Quote Originally Posted by lijk604 View Post
    I agree Gerard. However, it did, and the Rangers did not pull through. Its a NJ/LA Stanley Cup Final.
    Go Kings!
    Yes never thought I'd route for an L.A. team. LOL!! THat was a terrible ending but not totally surprising. A few bounces here and there and the Rangers could have been bounced in the 1st round
    and definitely against the Caps. They didnt carry over their play from the regular season and depended on Henrik to bail them out too many times. And at least last night the execution was quick!!
    No drawn out 2 or 3 fracking OTs!! We'll be back, there are plenty of good young players on this team. Now I head for Eisenhower Park for the Fleet week demos. Maybe I'll see the Rangers joining the Islanders on the golf course there!!!

And speaking of the Kings, a Quick Jonathan story!! When my oldest son played travel ice for the Arrows here on LI we were up in Portsmouth, NH for a tourney. At dinner one night I was sitting at a table with their coach and he told us this story about this goalie from a prep school in Connecticut they had played against last year. During warmups he would put on goaltending show, playing without a stick and staying on his knees, daring his teammates to try and put the puck in the net. They werent very successful. It was his way of intimidating the opposition. And it wortked as the were shutout. That was 6 years or so when I heard that and even then peopole were talking about J Quick!!
    I think that was the same prep school Brian Leetch went to and also he is married to the sister of Matt Moulsons (Islanders) wife!! Little trivia for ya holiday!!
    DAMN DIABLOS!!!!!!!!

I'm with Moose. GO DEVILS!

How sweet it is to knock out the Flyers AND Rangers.

Not to rub it in.... but I will... HOW SWEET IT IS!

I will be in Korea next week..... thank you Slingbox.

AJ
    Last edited by AJ; 2012-05-27 at 09:03 AM.
    Pull back and the houses get smaller!

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    Let's go Devils!
    YES!!!
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

How could anyone root for the Devils? I don't understand the appeal. A team whose entire history is based on playing like a d-bag. Now Brodeur is going to continue thinking he's the greatest thing since sliced bread. I used to be a huge fan of his, but I've seen way too much crying and unsportsmanlike conduct from him later in his career to where he's now one of the biggest whiners in the league.

The Rangers just fell apart. They relied way too heavily on Lundy throughout the playoffs and didn't earn to go any farther. However, they gave me much more than I thought they would this year, and it was a good run. I hung my Kocur jersey last night until October!

Go Kings. I don't think there's a team out there that can beat them.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D. View Post
    How could anyone root for the Devils? I don't understand the appeal. A team whose entire history is based on playing like a d-bag. Now Brodeur is going to continue thinking he's the greatest thing since sliced bread. I used to be a huge fan of his, but I've seen way too much crying and unsportsmanlike conduct from him later in his career to where he's now one of the biggest whiners in the league.

The Rangers just fell apart. They relied way too heavily on Lundy throughout the playoffs and didn't earn to go any farther. However, they gave me much more than I thought they would this year, and it was a good run. I hung my Kocur jersey last night until October!

Go Kings. I don't think there's a team out there that can beat them.
    Phil,

If the Rangers could solve their Power Play troubles, they could take a huge load off of Lundqvist. But that's been their problem for years.

I put the blame on the coaches for this since they keep sending different players out there but the results are the same. If/when they do score on the PP, it's usually a surprise that the puck actually went in. Too much fancy pass-itis with nobody standing in front of the net to deflect shots (never taken) or collect rebounds.

Now with Gaborik out 5-6 months, they really need to bring somebody onboard with the ability to shoot and score.

And yes... LET'S GO KINGS!! [I wish they'd have won it in '93 with Gretzky's group. THAT was a great team.]

You're right. I'd also like to add inconsistency to that list. Playing great is...great. But if you can't keep it up, you're accomplishing nothing.

Their power play has long been an issue, and I'm a little surprised Torts hasn't done more about that. I like him though. Hopefully they can pay attention and truly learn from this year. Many young players...there's still time.

This has been a wild season. You have a 6 Seed (Devils) going against an 8 seed (Kings) for the Cup!! As I have seen many times a hot goaltender can propel a team to the Finals. This year its Jonathan Quick who has been amazing and has a 1.49 GAA!!!!! Back in 2002/03 the 7th seed Ducks battled the 6th seed Minnesota Wild in the Western Finals and Jean Sebastien Giguere was amazing with 3 consecutive shutouts and 1 goal IN THE ENTIRE SERIES!! They lost to...The Devils in the Finals in 7 games but he was named Playoffs MVP!! Giguere eventually hoisted the Cup in 2007/08 season!! And as much as I dislike the DEvils I can admire how good Brodeur is as a goaltender and he has a fantastic 2.04 GAA in the playoffs!! So between him and Quick I see nothing but low scoring games and lots of OT!!!

The Kings have an all star goalie, but guess what....they can score goals too. That's why they're in the finals and the Rangers are wondering what happened.

Did anyone see any of Lundy's interviews? He knows what's up. He doesn't come right out and say it, but he knows his team didn't back him up with goals.

Torts and team better present him a plan on how they intend to improve and earn his worth or he'll give up and skip town.

Kings up 2-0, headed to LA. Could we really be witnessing one of the all time greatest playoff hockey runs?

They beat the Canucks 4-1
    They beat the Blues 4-0
    They beat the 'Yotes 4-1
    Only 2 losses in the playoffs so far for a #8 seed.

Wow, just wow!

Quote Originally Posted by lijk604 View Post
    Kings up 2-0, headed to LA. Could we really be witnessing one of the all time greatest playoff hockey runs?

They beat the Canucks 4-1
    They beat the Blues 4-0
    They beat the 'Yotes 4-1
    Only 2 losses in the playoffs so far for a #8 seed.
    Wow, just wow!
    Just an amazing run!! And that was a pretty good game last night!!

While it's quite an impressive feat by LA, let's keep in mind that technically speaking, the difference between their #8 seeding and #3 seeding (Phoenix) was a measly 2 or 3 points!! And the Devils finished a mere 7 points behind the Rangers. Slim margins for sure. So basically, the number itself doesn't mean much except when it comes to gaining home ice advantage. And home ice is what allowed the NYR to even make it to round 3. In the "new" NHL, if a team makes the playoffs and catches on fire, they really do have a shot at winning the Cup.

Back to the Kings for a moment. I recently read that back in January, they hired former King (and NYR), Bernie Nicholls to be a consultant. His task was to help them on their power play and wherever else his experience would be helpful. Their season turned around in a hurry. Coincidence? That's open for debate.

In the same vein, Tortorella went on the radio the other day and nixed the suggestion (posed by Larry Brooks) that the NYR hire someone in the same role to help the Rangers PP. Brooks was considering good old #2 Brian Leetch. Other than the fact the Leetch probably is not on good terms with Slats, I would think it could only help. But Torts retorted that he (Torts) and his coaches are more than capable of solving the PP enigma. I'm just wondering how long they will continue to pound the square pegs into round holes.

My advice? Nothing that hasn't been mentioned before. Just SHOOT THE PUCK!!

Lord Stanley doesnt reside in LA....Yet!!
    Nice win by NJ. Quick is human.