Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Jones Beach Air Show: May 23 - 24

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S View Post
    Oh well, so much for the usual Air Show festivities at FRG this week with NO >>afterburner>> departures now !!
    Jones Beach went from the CF-18 Demo, to the NAVY F/A-18C TAC Demo, to NO HORNET Demo now. WTF?!
    This is very disappointing news, especially with only one week til the show.
    fortunately there will be plenty of burner noise the following week in RI
    http://fredkopf.smugmug.com

Quote Originally Posted by fk6065 View Post
    Fifi and the other CAF warbirds are just for the AAM correct? Not participating in the show ....
    Air Show website touts the AAM Warbirds but not sure if that includes the CAF ones.
    5 hour airshow looks like there might be some quiet time in there between acts!!

Any word on when the C17 or Thunderbird 7 will be arriving at Islip?

Does anyone know if there will be anything like a meet and greet with the Thunderbirds in Islip?

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by B17DAD View Post
    Any word on when the C17 or Thunderbird 7 will be arriving at Islip?
    Doesnt seem we have many "insiders" at ISP as we do at FRG where the info flows pretty freely!! Hopefully we get more info like you asked along with the arrival times of the rest of the Tbirds and where they will be parked and if any Meet and Greets will be available!! I did notice today while over at ISP today a number of new fire extinguishers, generators and a few other things with military colors sitting on the tarmac of Liberty Jet which is in the GA area off Smithtown Ave.
    And then we have the whole spotting aspect of ISP and the TBirds!! We all know ISP is notorious for chasing away spotters inside the airport and around the fences of the airport but this time it might be different!! With the TBirds here you are going to have an influx of casual observers along with the hard core fans and if its anything like FRG there will be MANY!! I can see Lakeland Ave and Smithtown Ave looking like New Highway with cars parked along the side of the road. Of course SCPD might have other ideas but we shall see.
    My take on it was to find an area to park your car (not on airport grounds) and walk over to that fence line!! I found a few spots which would only be a 5/10 minute hike to 454/Lakeland!!
    Good luck to everyone and of course be safe and be smart!!

Quote Originally Posted by gettysburgerrn View Post
    Does anyone know if there will be anything like a meet and greet with the Thunderbirds in Islip?

Ken
    I highly doubt it.

CAF B-24 & B-29 are due in to Farmingdale tomorrow between 12:00pm 2:00pm weather permitting. Severe weather along the East Coast may affect their arrival

Quote Originally Posted by fk6065 View Post
    CAF B-24 & B-29 are due in to Farmingdale tomorrow between 12:00pm 2:00pm weather permitting. Severe weather along the East Coast may affect their arrival
    Right now 2PM ETA at the EARLIEST!!

On a cloudy dreary day here's a little video to get everyone's blood pumping for this weekend. My son did Air Combat USA yesterday for his 16th Bday. They were out at Brookhaven for the weekend , enjoy!!

http://youtu.be/S_TX7R76Wf0

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Doesnt seem we have many "insiders" at ISP as we do at FRG where the info flows pretty freely!! Hopefully we get more info like you asked along with the arrival times of the rest of the Tbirds and where they will be parked and if any Meet and Greets will be available!! I did notice today while over at ISP today a number of new fire extinguishers, generators and a few other things with military colors sitting on the tarmac of Liberty Jet which is in the GA area off Smithtown Ave.
    And then we have the whole spotting aspect of ISP and the TBirds!! We all know ISP is notorious for chasing away spotters inside the airport and around the fences of the airport but this time it might be different!! With the TBirds here you are going to have an influx of casual observers along with the hard core fans and if its anything like FRG there will be MANY!! I can see Lakeland Ave and Smithtown Ave looking like New Highway with cars parked along the side of the road. Of course SCPD might have other ideas but we shall see.
    My take on it was to find an area to park your car (not on airport grounds) and walk over to that fence line!! I found a few spots which would only be a 5/10 minute hike to 454/Lakeland!!
    If you find some good spots if you could pass them along, I live near portion and hawking and was thinking of scouting some areas if I have time this week! Unfortunately I'm not in the direct path of runway 6/22 but hoping to get a glimpse from my yard

AAM just updated their Facebook saying the B-24 and B-29 will not be in until Wednesday at noon due to bad weather.

Quote Originally Posted by dekdawg21 View Post
    AAM just updated their Facebook saying the B-24 and B-29 will not be in until Wednesday at noon due to bad weather.
    Yup!! Had off today and was hanging out by the movie theater as they were landing Runway One Four having my Dunkin when I saw thge update!! Now THATs customer friendly service!!
    Also saw Team Oracle, John Klatt and the Waco Jet all here in the hangar opposite the AAM. Do we know the ETA for Team Breitling?

Quote Originally Posted by dekdawg21 View Post
    If you find some good spots if you could pass them along, I live near portion and hawking and was thinking of scouting some areas if I have time this week! Unfortunately I'm not in the direct path of runway 6/22 but hoping to get a glimpse from my yard
    If they arrive 22 or depart 6 the only spot I saw was on Railroad Ave south right past Knickerbocker!! There is an opening there to view but one would need to be quick if taking pictures!! For 454/Lakeland or along Smithtown Ave there are a number of Warehouses/Factorys that are closed on the weekend where one could park and stroll over to the fence line!! Like I wrote before be smart, obey any directions from authorities or property owners and LOOK BOTH WAYS crossing the street!! I'll most likely be around there on Thursday with Friday, Sat and Sun watching the activities from the beach or other areas.
    Saturday morning I'll be at Eisenhower Park for the Navy assault demos!! That never fails to be very exciting especially for a RotorHead like me!!
    And the weather Wed to Sun looking very good from multiple weather sources!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    As a Liberty Jet employee I'll share what I know. Keep in mind that Sheltair is the official "hoast" and the info they're giving us at Liberty isn't always correct. I heard that the support c17 or c130 will be arriving sometime Wednesday afternoon with the f16's following an hour behind. My guess is that they'll be on the ground around 1600. hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by sdspinelli2 View Post
    As a Liberty Jet employee I'll share what I know. Keep in mind that Sheltair is the official "hoast" and the info they're giving us at Liberty isn't always correct. I heard that the support c17 or c130 will be arriving sometime Wednesday afternoon with the f16's following an hour behind. My guess is that they'll be on the ground around 1600. hope this helps!
    Thanks that definitely helps!! We appreciate that!!