Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Damage Report 4/16/11 JFK

NLovis

Damage Report 4/16/11 JFK

Finally got out and did my damage report on the birds. That rj wasnt in as bad a shape as i thought.

Last edited by NLovis; 2011-04-18 at 01:08 PM.

You are not concerned putting pictures of a damaged plane from inside a hanger up on a public website with on ONGOING FEDERAL INVESTIGATION?
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

NLovis
    Quote Originally Posted by Derf View Post
    You are not concerned putting pictures of a damaged plane from inside a hanger up on a public website with on ONGOING FEDERAL INVESTIGATION?
    Didnt think bout that....

You need to reread my next statement over and over until it makes sense.

If you are very eager to post something to show us online, you probably should not be posting it at all.

You should be posting stuff from off airport property if you work at the airport. Posting these types of pictures is only ok after a few months of the investigation being completed. Stuff from your job or restricted areas such as this should only be posted only after you and any loved ones are no longer working for the company.
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

not sure why you guys keep bailing this guy out. Let him learn.

NLovis
    Quote Originally Posted by Derf View Post
    You need to reread my next statement over and over until it makes sense.

If you are very eager to post something to show us online, you probably should not be posting it at all.

You should be posting stuff from off airport property if you work at the airport. Posting these types of pictures is only ok after a few months of the investigation being completed. Stuff from your job or restricted areas such as this should only be posted only after you and any loved ones are no longer working for the company.
    Ill keep this in mind........

Damn yard work...I missed the photos!

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    LOL. This just gets more and more laughable and it's not really just Nick alone but people rush to post pics without thinking about anything but themselves getting the credit for getting the photo-op and feel it's their right to be able to photograph anything they want at any time and to make it worse post it in a public forum. I agree with puckstopper and in fact things have happened that are already consequences of this selfish and inconsiderate behavior.
    Last edited by NIKV69; 2011-04-18 at 03:51 PM.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

A friend of mine working for EasyJet in Europe posted much, MUCH, less sensitive info on his facebook, and got a warning e-mail right away... Careful.

NLovis
    Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69 View Post
    LOL. This just gets more and more laughable and it's not really just Nick alone but people rush to post pics without thinking about anything but themselves getting the credit for getting the photo-op and feel it's their right to be able to photograph anythiing they want at any time and to make it worse post it in a public forum. I agree with puckstopper and in fact things have happened that are already consequences of this selfish and inconsiderate behavior.
    I already feel bad enough for not thinking about it. I dont need riddacule as well

I have a very similar issue in my line of work as well. In the emergency services field, we have had people disciplined (up to and including termination) as a result of things that were posted on facebook, youtube, etc. As with everything else, its a question of balance and common sense. And, when you have any doubts, don't post it-- whether its information or photos or whatever. I would also like to thank the poster for trying-- his hearts obviously in the right place, I have been a little over eager at times too.. but you dont want to go overboard, especially when your job could be involved.

Have a great day everyone..
    FDNY#13
    Be The Change You Want to See in the World
    http://www.flicker.com/cbcarver5

I'd like to add that this is not just NLovis' problem. When something inappropriate or sensitive is posted, that means I run the risk of receiving phone calls or emails or even knocks on my door as a result. That's not something that we need.

I never make such public, but it should be known that this type of occurrence, when common, will result in a ban. In this case, no more warnings will be given.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Quote Originally Posted by NLovis View Post
    I already feel bad enough for not thinking about it. I dont need riddacule as well
    Not nearly as mad as people that get effected by your actions Nick. We have tried probably over 10 times to give you advice on your behavior that not only immediately puts you in danger with your job but effects many other people that participate in spotting and photography. So spare us your frustration and please start using some common sense before you do these things. A great rule of thumb is if you feel something is a little sensitive use Private message and not public forum and ask someone. I would have thought Phil would get you on the phone or have a face to face at JFK to try to give you some sense of what you have been doing and some good advice for the future but in abscence of that you will get attacked in the forum. So please stop it already. I for one am getting sick of seeing this BS.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Quote Originally Posted by puckstopper55 View Post
    not sure why you guys keep bailing this guy out. Let him learn.
    Yes, Nick should probably know better having been in the field for a while. But "let him learn"? Really?

You'd rather see a fellow spotter get in possibly serious trouble with his job and maybe the law, potentially jeopardizing his career, than seeing someone offer a friendly reminder and helping him out? Talk about ruthless. Jeez.

TIS
    Antonis Panayotatos
    Owner, Photographer
    www.stellaryear.com

Canon 5D MkIII, Canon 7DMkII: Canon 24-70L USM II, Sigma 50mm f/1.4, Sigma 85mm f/1.4ART, Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro, Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 DG OS HSM

Keep in mind this has happened at least 6 times already, with very clear warnings/concern from myself and fellow members.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].