Page 125 of 221 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135175 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 3308

Thread: Republic Farmingdale (FRG) Notable Visitors

Nice Moose...I hope she is around later! Here is an old shot I had taken about a month ago
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Senior Member Fighting_falcon_51's Avatar
    Too bad this didn't happen during the day where someone could have got a good shot of it. Anyway I'm happy it turned out alright.

On February 9th, 2011, an Alitalia Boeing 767-300, registration EI-DDW performing flight AZ643 from EWR to FCO, was climbing out of EWR when the crew reported main gear trouble.
    The crew intended to divert to JFK but seeked visual confirmation from the ground that the main gear was in fact down. The jet overflew Republic airport at 1600 feet and received positive feedback, then went on to perform a missed approach at JFK's runway 22R for a final visual report from the tower. It then landed at JFK's runway 22R.
    Air traffic control recordings (source: liveatc.net) are of conversations with New York Approach (ROBER sector), New York Final Approach, JFK Tower and New York Departure.
    Last edited by Fighting_falcon_51; 2011-02-16 at 11:09 PM.
    http://www.kjpgallery.com << Photography Collection
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

Another day, another special...USA Jet Airlines MD-83, with the U2 Tour paint scheme. Unfortunately the sun was hiding when I got there. I expect they brought the Bostonians in to play the Islanders tonight. I hope someone got a shot without snow in the way...

about 700 feet west of runway 14-32 in Farmingdale
    I took almost an identical picture yesterday around 5:19, the plane was sitting there on Wednesday as well. By your comment, I guess that U2 wasn't in town. I had thought that Bono might have flown in for his Spiderman play in the city, didn't know that it was used by a sports team, oh well. When I had passed by again around 11ish it was gone.

I was there about an hour before you, Joe. I hadn't seen the MD in these colors before, but there is an Air Canada A320 with similar markings that has been into FRG once or twice on hockey charters. I think I've shot it, but can't find the photos right now.

about 700 feet west of runway 14-32 in Farmingdale
    I saw that plane as well, just over a year ago, this picture was taken on February 6th, 2010:

I didn't have a tripod on me and wanted to catch it prior to it's leaving, being so close to the airport, I heard it take off about 15 minutes later. These larger planes have a distinct sound to them over the normal jets that take off from Republic.

Miami Air bringing in the Panthers. Anyone know whose green helo that is?

And, not the best shot (barely missed the takeoff...), but I'm liking the paintjob on N501JG.

Shoot first, ask questions later.
    dfalk.smugmug.com

There were actually two Miami Air jets at FRG this afternoon. One for the Panthers, and one to take the Islanders up to Toronto for Tuesday's game.

Senior Member Fighting_falcon_51's Avatar
    I was able to catch it overhead:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    http://www.kjpgallery.com << Photography Collection
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

Delta Connection CRJ-100 down near Atlantic...definitely not a hockey charter.

Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    Delta Connection CRJ-100 down near Atlantic...definitely not a hockey charter.

Very Strange .. any musicians or other acts booked?

Might be taking Hofstra's hoops team to UNC Wilmington

[QUOTE=moose135;439151]Delta Connection CRJ-100 down near Atlantic...definitely not a hockey charter.

There was a US Navy King Air UC-12M that landed around 10:30AM and parked by Sheltair. The Quest Diagnostics Phenom 100 (N288DX) also parked
    there looking pretty nice with its light green lines and insigna on tail. Now I know where my money goes when I get my tests. LOL!!

Quote Originally Posted by GrummanFan View Post
    And, not the best shot (barely missed the takeoff...), but I'm liking the paintjob on N501JG.
    The jet ia a Cablevision aircraft.

I missed the King Air, but saw the Quest jet, too much stuff in the way to shoot it. The CRJ arrived late Tuesday afternoon, nothing on FlightAware about a departure yet.