Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: UN General Assembly Week - 2015

UN General Assembly Week - 2015

Yeah I did.

I've been getting emails from people asking about next year already, so that they can request vacation from work. According to... http://sd.iisd.org/events/70th-sessi...embly-unga-70/ ...it will be from September 15th to the 28th, with debates starting on the 22nd.

With that in mind, what do you think the prime spotting days will be?
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Wappingers Falls, New York, United States
    The Friday-Monday before the General Debate begins are always prime days. Of course the closer you get, the more frequent the traffic, so Monday would be better than Friday. But, you never know when something rare or unique is going to arrive. After that, the following Friday and Saturday were fantastic this year, as aircraft returned to pick up their VIPs. Meanwhile, the Tuesday that the General Debate starts on is a great day to head out to one of the "parking airports" like SWF for ground shots. Not a lot of VIP traffic arriving on that day.
    Ben Granucci, Wappingers Falls, NY
    NYCAviation Senior Editor & Director
    On Twitter @blgranucci
    More photos on Flickr
    [email protected]

Just heard that the pope will be in town for the UNGA. I wonder what they'll bring him on.

Quote Originally Posted by sdspinelli2 View Post
    Just heard that the pope will be in town for the UNGA. I wonder what they'll bring him on.
    Doesn't he travel on an Alitalia A330?
    Follow me on Twitter and friend me on Facebook.

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31
    Quote Originally Posted by yankees368 View Post
    Doesn't he travel on an Alitalia A330?
    Yes. The Pope traditionally flies Alitalia to the destination and then a local carrier back home. Callsign is SHEPHERD 1, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by sdspinelli2 View Post
    The Pope and the President will be here at the same time I'm hearing so expect unprecedented security which NYPD has already talked about.
    According to the schedule the Pope will be arriving from Andrews AFB to JFK around 5PM Thursday Sept 24. Friday is his big day all about NYC including the UN, 9/11 Museum, Harlem and mass at MSG. Then he departs Sat morning for Philadelphia.

It looks like the Pope will be speaking ahead of the General Debate, which is scheduled to begin on 9/28. I'm guessing (and working to confirm) that most of the dignitaries will begin to arrive on the 26th.
    On Twitter @blgranucci
    More photos on Flickr
    [email protected]

Hey Guys,

With UN Week fast approaching, and with me now finding myself unexpectedly back on the East coast, I am beginning to toss around the idea of trying to make an appearance in the area for the first time since 2012, and for my first UN Week. My one sticking point thus far has been transportation around JFK. I wondered if any of you NYCAv'ers might have an extra seat in your car and be willing to put up with a (recently) reformed Texan who would love to catch some VIP/JFK action assuming I can make the trek up?

Cheers!

Nick

Hey Nick! I've never known anybody to be left behind when we're jumping between spots during UN Week. While I can't speak for everybody, I can say that you're welcome to ride with me when I'm around.
    On Twitter @blgranucci
    More photos on Flickr
    [email protected]

According to a local community paper (see link below) states that the runway construction project for RWY 4L-22R will be completed by September 21st.

http://theforumnewsgroup.com/2015/09...pt-21-addabbo/
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Quote Originally Posted by Zee71 View Post
    According to a local community paper (see link below) states that the runway construction project for RWY 4L-22R will be completed by September 21st.

"And the new, larger Group IV aircraft will reduce overall aircraft noise impact to surrounding communities by utilizing quiet engines"

BOOOOOOOO!

To all you guys lucky enough to be making it out, good luck and good hunting! I'm probably not gonna be able to make it down, so I'll be keeping an eye on the threads to see what you guys come up with.

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31
    Quote Originally Posted by Zee71 View Post

September 21 was always the target date to finish the project. But why the boo? Shouldn't it be better since arrivals will switch to a more Mounds-heavy 22L/R arrangement instead of the Banana Splits 13L/22L arrangement that's been dominant this summer?

Best Canarsie summer since I was a kid and I missed most of it
    The beehive hummm of the JT9D and GE CF680C2,the thunder of the JT8D-17,the rumble of the PW1830 and the high ,thin whine of the PW 545A are all music to my ears!

It looks like A6-PFC, UAE Government 787 is one of the first jets to arrive for UNGA70. Departed London 1 hour ago. It can be tracked here: http://www.flightradar24.com/B788/777dfef