Thread: New/Changed United Routes

New/Changed United Routes

I was just talking to a friend who works for UA at IAD. Maybe this is all old info, (I've been out of the loop for the last few weeks) so if so just ignore, sorry.
    He told me UA is moving their JFK-NRT flight to IAD and that UA will start a non stop from IAD to Kuwait City in the fall. Now the move to IAD for the Tokyo flight doesn't make sense to me, because ANA already does that. When I asked him where he was getting his info from, he told me in was in the station newsletter or annoucements this past week...

Yeah this was released by UAL last week, discussed a bit in the news forum already. Makes sense from UAL's point, they have a hub at IAD and certainly can fill the seats better from there. To bad about LHR though.

well now you've gone and made me feel like a dumbass, thanks a lot tommy...all special with your "knowing things and all" and your "hey andrew your info is old and lacks any news value"....grblgr#@$% ;-)

P.S. Sounds like everyone had a great time at the picnic yesterday. wish I could have been there.

Well atleast I was nice about it. I could have just came out and said "Yo you stupid **** this is ****ing old news, what besides the time change is news hours old to!" LOLOL

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76
    Well atleast I was nice about it. I could have just came out and said "Yo you stupid **** this is ****ing old news, what besides the time change is news hours old to!" LOLOL
    Which is what he says to me ALL the time, so really you got the nice version of Tom :shock:
    www.southwest.com Bags Fly Free. Anytime, Anywhere on Southwest Airlines. Share the LUV!

lol, I guess I got off easy, although after what Tommy made me do to him in Vegas I mean with him- i mean- uh.... damn it...forget everything I just said :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaPolli
    lol, I guess I got off easy, although after what Tommy made me do to him in Vegas I mean with him- i mean- uh.... damn it...forget everything I just said :lol:
    Hey listen it was your freaking idea about using the dice from the craps table! You had to go and open your mouth. Now Phil will want in on our thing. Man nothing is special anymore.

IAD-KWI was old news recently, it was lose JFK-NRT/LHR, gain SFO-TPE, IAD-NRT, 3x Weekly extra SFO-HKG. Good news for me, but im a UA FF form SFO so of course it is

Too bad to see UA downsize here, they had won me over with the cockpit audio and economy plus but I guess it makes economic sense. I do wonder how premium Star Alliance pax, especially BMI's in the UK, are going to take being routed through I guess Frankfurt to get between London and NY....

This is kind of off topic, but starting in the fall, United's p.s. to LAX and SFO from JFK will now require passengers to pay for meals if they wish (in economy).
    "I can't wait until tomorrow, cause I get better looking everyday"
    --Joe Namath

if DL is buying UA London rights from JFk why are they going to GTW vs LHR?
    Overheard on JFK TOWER - S Turns are fine, U-Turns are bad....

Quote Originally Posted by Ari707
    if DL is buying UA London rights from JFk why are they going to GTW vs LHR?
    Because Delta already operates out of LGW?

Delta would love to get into LHR, but Heathrow can only be served by AA and UA thanks to Bermuda II.
    "I can't wait until tomorrow, cause I get better looking everyday"
    --Joe Namath