Thread: Frontier Airlines on TV

Frontier Airlines on TV

On CBS series "Undercover Boss" this weeks' episode is supposed to show the CEO of Frontier Airlines working for the company to get a taste of life as a worker. I have no idea if he will be a ticket agent or will actually work aboard the aircraft. We shall see.

I'm sorry but I don't get this show at all...plus who the hell doesn't know what the CEO of their company looks and sounds like? To be truthful if they don't it shows how disconnected and poor the culture is at said company. There's no way the CEO of my company could pull this off, I can easily say that the 13,000 plus employees who work for my company all know have seen "Stan". If an employee doesn't know who their CEO is then something at that company isn't right.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76 View Post
    I'm sorry but I don't get this show at all...plus who the hell doesn't know what the CEO of their company looks and sounds like? To be truthful if they don't it shows how disconnected and poor the culture is at said company. There's no way the CEO of my company could pull this off, I can easily say that the 13,000 plus employees who work for my company all know have seen "Stan". If an employee doesn't know who their CEO is then something at that company isn't right.
    I read that he grows a bear, changes his hair, gets a wig etc etc.

Whoever the boss is, they do the opposite, if he has a beard, it gets shaved off, if he is clean shaven, he wears a bear or grows one.

If its a woman, they get a wig, change their hair color, etc etc.

Fools some, doesn't fool some.

Also, CEO came from Republic, not F9 themselves, so it could be possible that not everyone at F9 still knows or cares to know who Bedford is.

Alex
    www.southwest.com Bags Fly Free. Anytime, Anywhere on Southwest Airlines. Share the LUV!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex T View Post
    IAlso, CEO came from Republic, not F9 themselves, so it could be possible that not everyone at F9 still knows or cares to know who Bedford is.

Alex
    See in this case Alex I'd think it would be even more so that the employees of F9 would know who Bedford was, unless this was done so early on in the buyout, Republic didn't blast the F9 ppl with merger updates yet. Most companies when they merge or get bought out always have the CEO front and center in internal news releases to keep people informed.

I'm with Tommy on this... Before I even look at a company I do research on the executive office. I might be alone on that but I want to see what kind of executives there are because the leadership dictates the corperate culture of a company and can provide a good indicator of the morale to be expected.
    Now, my opinions on the show. When he asked the F/A Tui about his opinions post flight I got the feeling Tui knew who he was by the way he addressed Brian about his feelings on RAH/Frontier's situation. I did notice that it seemed like the employees were almost hand picked to fit Brian's personal nature. Brian as the show indicates is a extremely religious man. In the halls of RAH alot of people call him "The Revrend".
    The other thing that I didnt like is that they addressed every front line group besides the pilots. It wouldnt be hard to set something up with a jumpseat ride considering that Brian is the CEO and as the CEO as well as being a pilot in a former life he has js authorization.... I feel like that was intentional... The pilots at Frontier are not happy. So, in a nutshell, the show was OKAY but in reality this was a publicity gimmick for Frontier and RAH because alot of people are not happy. I know many people in the cockpit and cabin at all of RAH's companies and most of them distrust the company and are angry, not just unhappy.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Of course the show was scripted and the workers probably knew all along who their boss was. It was a 60 minute advertisement for Frontier. Srtange how all the workers the CEO met were so courteous and never used foul language.The point was seeing what goes on behind the scenes at an airline. I had no idea that the aircraft had to be cleaned within 7 minutes and how dangerous re-fueling was since the average person like myself is not allowed anywhere near the planes. Sorry most of the misanthropes who sent me nasty comments did not enjoy seeing up-close the interesting tails of Frontier Airlines. I guess that watching "The Big Bang Theory" is a better way to spend one's evening. Finally, I never recommended the show only advised that it was goinng to be televised. Incidentally, how many different animals were shown on the rudders during the telecast? Do you think he'll really give-back the 10% that employees lost years ago? I doubt it. In closing, it was a great advertisement for Frontier which only flies from LGA to DEN anyhow.
    Last edited by Speedbird1; 2010-10-18 at 05:04 PM.

Speedbird1- They also fly 4 daily LGA-MKE too and 3 daily LGA-MCI.

Alex
    www.southwest.com Bags Fly Free. Anytime, Anywhere on Southwest Airlines. Share the LUV!

So many of the Republic side employees are deeply upset over the program.

First off Bryan Bedford is the CEO of Republic Airways Holdings (Chautauqua/Shuttle America/Republic and Frontier)

We have busted our butts for this company and all Bedford cares about is the Frontier staff. We have furloughed our employees, when Frontier could not afford the contract on the E170's, which in turn grounded 16 aircraft for awhile, then in turn lent Frontier money to keep them going.

We are called the "cash cows" (Chautauqua/Shuttle America and Republic), since our profits are paying off the Frontier debt, from our contracted flying

It is not a good place now

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76 View Post
    You'd be sooo wrong. I know some folks not too far from the top at my company that while they know the name, have no clue what he/she looks like (the CEO)

I have been in many elevator rides, walked through the front doors with him/her and not so much as a nod recognizing the CEO. It depends on the company and its culture. Some companies have daily videos of the CEO speaking to them (FedEx, Cisco) and some have very public bosses (Steve Jobs/Apple) but imagine, how many people could point out Larry Ellison? lol.
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

I cannot wait to see how this guy tries to roll this with the other side of the house.... CRJ, I am glad you finally see eye to eye with me... It's not over for you guys either... The "Revrend" will strike again. I am glad that you now understand why I bashed RAH soo hard for so long on this forum... I saw the writing on the wall a long long time ago... He bought Frontwest on the backs of the REAL RAH people and now, suddenly, he is the CEO of Frontier. And Frontier is the focus of his "heavenly guidance". It was quite a poingant moment when the talk about cross utilization agents on the ground came up and his "mafia" quicky all at once spoke up to stop him from looking stupid.... You guys at Shuttle, ****ty Kitty, and Republic are nothing more than a mere after thought and catalyst for bigger plans.... Those plans only include using the sweat of your backs to facilitate something more "public" and than he will stiff them when the moment is right. I am all for smart business but Bedford is in the same catagory as JO at Mesa.... The only reason Mesa survives is because Doug Parker is of the same school of thought. That is another story though. For now, I toast a beer to you though CRJ.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Quote Originally Posted by Speedbird1 View Post
    Sorry most of the misanthropes who sent me nasty comments did not enjoy seeing up-close the interesting tails of Frontier Airlines. I guess that watching "The Big Bang Theory" is a better way to spend one's evening. Finally, I never recommended the show only advised that it was goinng to be televised.
    Where were these nasty comments? I didnt see any on this thread.
    And YES, watching "The Big Bang Theory" is a much better way to spend ones evening than watching another dumb reality show.
    Very funny show.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedbird1 View Post
    Of course the show was scripted and the workers probably knew all along who their boss was. It was a 60 minute advertisement for Frontier. Srtange how all the workers the CEO met were so courteous and never used foul language.The point was seeing what goes on behind the scenes at an airline. I had no idea that the aircraft had to be cleaned within 7 minutes and how dangerous re-fueling was since the average person like myself is not allowed anywhere near the planes. Sorry most of the misanthropes who sent me nasty comments did not enjoy seeing up-close the interesting tails of Frontier Airlines. I guess that watching "The Big Bang Theory" is a better way to spend one's evening. Finally, I never recommended the show only advised that it was goinng to be televised. Incidentally, how many different animals were shown on the rudders during the telecast? Do you think he'll really give-back the 10% that employees lost years ago? I doubt it. In closing, it was a great advertisement for Frontier which only flies from LGA to DEN anyhow.
    I found the show interesting. I usually watch the show though. One thing though, unless I missed it I don't recall him re-fueling any planes. I saw him cleaning the plane, working as a ticket agent, loading and unloading baggage and emptying the waste from the bathrooms.

Fueling is not normaly a company function unless you own your own fueling department like American does at some stations.

Quote Originally Posted by hiss srq View Post
    Fueling is not normaly a company function unless you own your own fueling department like American does at some stations.
    Yeah I thought so, thats why i was confused as to where Speedbird1 saw it during the show