Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Someone please explain this to me.

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS

Someone please explain this to me.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/g...C-rss&FEEDNAME=

I knew he would do something boneheaded before we kicked him to the curb but this is totally unacceptable. Can you imagine Sharpton if Pataki did this with a white guy who shot a black kid? OMG.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

If a white guy shot a black kid, he probably wouldn't have faced the same charges to start with...he accidentally shot someone who had threatened his son.
    Last edited by moose135; 2010-12-23 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    If a white guy shot a black kid, he probably wouldn't have faced the same charges to start with...
    How? Your not implying a white person on trial for manslaughter would not have done time or been indicted?
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

I never understood how lame-duck pardons are allowed in the first place. Seems to me they should do away with that practice completely. If you're going to pardon someone, at least have the balls to stand up there for a while and take the heat.

Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    If a white guy shot a black kid, he probably wouldn't have faced the same charges to start with...he accidentally shot someone who had threatened his son.
    and killed him.... he should be in jail on a manslaughter conviction.

Political discussions always have a way of getting out of hand but I will take a chance and post my two cents!!

I come from Cuba and believe me, as flawed as our system of government and laws and rules etc. seem to be, they somehow work a lot better than anything I have ever experienced or learned about :-) I wouldn;t change anything at all... even if it hurts! All I say is if you were that man's shoes, would you be OK with the pardon system? You don;t perhaps think about it but what if you were the one in such a situation? You would gladly serve jail time happily?

I say even the most ardent criminal does NOT want to be in jail... I am sure someone likes our laws when they work for them.
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76 View Post
    and killed him.... he should be in jail on a manslaughter conviction.
    Absolutely but now he gets out after 5 months because Paterson is pissed he got caught lying about Yankee tickets and had to pay up 60k. This is total BS. This guy would have been out in a year anyway. Such a double standard. If this had been a white on black crime no matter what the circumstances there would have been two instances Sharpton marched in protest. One for the 4 year sentence and the second if a white Governor commuted the sentence after 5 months.

Good riddance Paterson you are the biggest disgrace to any public office.

Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69 View Post
    Absolutely but now he gets out after 5 months because Paterson is pissed he got caught lying about Yankee tickets and had to pay up 60k.
    Wow you seriously believe THAT is the reason this mans sentence was commuted? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Wow you seriously believe THAT is the reason this mans sentence was commuted? Really?
    Absolutely, I feel it played a part in his thought process. May not have been the driving force but may have been the closer. I mean your going out as the most digraced Governor in NY history and most incompetent as just about any Gov including Gray Davis. Your telling me he didn't want to send a zinger across the bow knowing in a few days he drives off never to be heard from again? His political career is over and his legacy is horrible. Don't be naive enough to think he wouldn't be spiteful.

Or maybe he felt it was the right thing to do. The guy was defending his family and his home against an unruly mob - isn't that just the thing the those supporting the broadest interpretation of the 2nd Amendment should be applauding? Or does that only apply when a white guy shoots a black guy?

Absolutely, I feel it played a part in his thought process. May not have been the driving force but may have been the closer. I mean your going out as the most digraced Governor in NY history and most incompetent as just about any Gov including Gray Davis. Your telling me he didn't want to send a zinger across the bow knowing in a few days he drives off never to be heard from again? His political career is over and his legacy is horrible. Don't be naive enough to think he wouldn't be spiteful.
    Wow!! I have no words for this.

Absolutely but now he gets out after 5 months because Paterson is pissed he got caught lying about Yankee tickets and had to pay up 60k. This is total BS. This guy would have been out in a year anyway. Such a double standard. If this had been a white on black crime no matter what the circumstances there would have been two instances Sharpton marched in protest. One for the 4 year sentence and the second if a white Governor commuted the sentence after 5 months.

Good riddance Paterson you are the biggest disgrace to any public office.

And speaking of Sharpton, that showboating, racist ignoramus, he would surely gain some of my respect should he decide to parade his pompous ass about Manhattan screaming about how this has been a crime against humanity and how the justice system has failed. Maybe he doesn't want to go out in the blizzard.

Just sayin'.

The guy was defending his family and his home against an unruly mob
    5 unarmed teenagers is an unruly mob?

I also suggest you read what happened. This guy and his son both came out of the house with guns drawn. Really sounds like they were fearing for their lives huh? This wasn't even close to self defense Moose. In any stretch of the imagination and if this was the other way around it would be a very different story.

Wow!! I have no words for this
    I have no words for the following myself

Gov. Paterson's entire staff advised him against this.

Chief counsel to the Gov also advised against in which Paterson said "I'm just going to do it"

Lawyers in Paterson's office all said White didn't have sufficient grounds to believe he was in any danger.

Paterson did not consult with the family of the dead boy or did he tell them he was going to commute the sentence.

So why exactly do you have no words?
    Last edited by NIKV69; 2010-12-27 at 08:17 AM.

5 unarmed teenagers is an unruly mob?
    When they are trespassing they are, lets not forget the fact that 5 came to fight 1.What would you call 5 black people coming to fight your white son, even if they are unarmed?
    Trespass-(Law) To commit an unlawful injury to the person, property, or rights of another, with actual or implied force or violence, especially to enter onto another's land wrongfully.

Given your userid, I say you're ready for any fight :-) You're from The Bronx? LOL.
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS