Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Northeast Faces Winter's First Major Snowstorm

Northeast Faces Winter's First Major Snowstorm

Accuweather:
    Major Snowstorm For The East Looms
    (State College, PA) - While any snowfall recently has been light, a storm set to strengthen in the southern Plains will spread a swath of plowable snow from the northern High Plains to the Ohio Valley Monday into Tuesday. The Northeast will then be under the gun for a significant amount of snow for Valentine's Day.

After the weekend ends on a mainly calm note across the eastern half of the nation, stormy and wintry weather will impact areas from the Plains to the East Coast during the first half of the workweek. The culprit behind the snow, rain and thunderstorms, which has already prompted Winter Storm Watches across the Ohio Valley, is the storm that will make for an unsettled day across the Western states today.

As the clash of frigid air to the north with warm and moist air pouring in from the south allows the storm to strengthen over the southern Plains, the Midwest Regional News story discusses how a swath of accumulating snow will spread from the northern High Plains to the Ohio Valley on Monday. The Ohio Valley will then continue to see snowfall at night into Tuesday as the storm slowly heads to the central East Coast. According to our Winter Weather Center, up to a foot of snow will impact places from northern Missouri to southwestern Pennsylvania by the end of Tuesday.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

So, any of you get over 100 inches?
    nwa FOREVER!

Hm... Could this mean our first snow day of the season?

This is one I want to slow down and hold off till the latter part of the week please. Right now I am leaving at 0600 jours with the GF to hang with Mickey Mouse and Goofy for the day and come home Tuesday late night. I will be watching this one extremely closely. Maybe I do not need to bring golf clubs afterall.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    good luck coming home ryan. would suck to get stuck with such beautiful company...
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Ha ha ha sheesh I wonder how I could pass the time!? ;)
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Yup, snow day has already been called.

:D

I wish work had snow days. Hmph.

Its raining here...so much for a major winter storm on Long Island.

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31
    Work does have snow days... sorta :> My employer follows the Federal Government, which today in DC had an early dismissal due to the ice. It stopped snowing around 1pm Tuesday here in Washington, and has been all freezing rain and freezing drizzle since then, with a pretty significant buildup of ice. Just in the last few minutes, some sleet has started pelting the window, and it's expected to change over to rain during the overnight hours, but hopefully late enough for OPM to call a delayed opening for tomorrow!

Just sleet in the city--as usual the reporters make a mountain out of a molehill. North and West of the city there's more snow, but that's all you hear about on the news, thus giving the impression that it is worse than it really is.
    "I can't wait until tomorrow, cause I get better looking everyday"
    --Joe Namath

Getting pelted by hail on my way to work is the best way to wake up in the morning. :(

Another snow day out here in Michigan! We got about 7 inches, but we have blowing snow, so in one place you can have as little as 1 inch, but 20 yards away you would have 2 feet, no joke. There is an example of it in my backyard.
    nwa FOREVER!

Hiss, word on the street is that you got 8 inches last night. True?
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    hiss wouldn't know 8 inches if it hit him in the face.

this wx is such a tease! last night, didn't snow 'till about 2000 ($10 in my pcoket) but i wake up this morning and it's starting to pile up. :( my truck is in the garage, i have nowhere to go and i wanna play in the SN!
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.