Page 110 of 221 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 3308

Thread: Republic Farmingdale (FRG) Notable Visitors

Quote Originally Posted by lijk604 View Post
    Then it's a good thing they didn't show Gerard...if the 'bugs' had shown they would have landed on 14/32. US F-18's are not allowed to land on 1/19, it's too short.
    Ah good to know in the future. But I was somewhat prepared for that. Had my scannner with earpiece on and was sitting next to my truck. Probably would have had time to "race"
    down to the other side if they came in 14. Interesting that the CF-18s used 19 during the Air Show.

Oh Come on.... when I said big I was not talking about adding one more aircraft.... Spitfire and all is cool, two is great... I tho am hard to please and I am really excited!

Phantom II's had a gun right? or was it still that center pod crap?
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Senior Member Fighting_falcon_51's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Derf View Post
    Oh Come on.... when I said big I was not talking about adding one more aircraft.... Spitfire and all is cool, two is great... I tho am hard to please and I am really excited!

I believe the USN variant used gun pods and the USAF variant had an internal gun.
    http://www.kjpgallery.com << Photography Collection
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

All the F-4s were called the Phantom II - the original "Phantom" name was used on an earlier McDonnell fighter, the McDonnell F1H, the Navy's first operational jet.

The F-4E has the internal gun - they were used by the USAF, as well as a number of foreign air forces, including Israel, Iran, and Japan among others. The F-4F, a variant of the E-model used by [West] Germany, also has an internal gun. The earlier USAF F-4s, the C and D models, which were also used by Spain and South Korea, did not have an internal gun. The US Navy/Marines never flew a model with an internal gun, flying B, J, N and S models. The British (RAF and RN) also flew Phantoms without an internal gun. Of course, the RF-4 recon versions, and F-4G Wild Weasel also came without an internal gun.
    Last edited by PhantomII; 2010-08-08 at 01:02 PM.
    Phantom II - The World's Largest Distributor of MiG Parts!

They are still finalizing sponsorship for it, but the AAM has announced that the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum's Lancaster is scheduled to attend the Labor Day weekend festivities! That may, or may not, be the last of the announcements concerning their Battle of Britain remembrance activities.
    Phantom II - The World's Largest Distributor of MiG Parts!

so far that's 3 of 5 things they were trying for that were made possible....only announced things will be taken on the board! NICE!!!!!

2 Spitfires
    1 Lancaster
    1-XXXXXXXX (X's are not to correct length so stop trying!)
    Something else XXXXXXXX
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Only 2 Spits?! Hey I've been to Duxford and seen 14 in formation so it takes a bit more to get me excited. Still this will at least take card of my warbird fix for the summer. Geneseo has already started to wear off. Now...add a Hurricane, Lysander .....

Do we know who the second Spit belongs to?
    EDIT: Jim Beasley just saw the FB page.
    Last edited by ch2tdriver; 2010-08-09 at 08:51 PM.

Calm down.... I said they are trying for more! ;)

Dont remember if it was earlier this year but a UH-60 Blackhawk visited FRG and instead of the usual VIP white-top it was yellow. I was just down in DC and
    saw a Flight of two of these copters over the Potomac. Someone posted a pic here with the info on the unit. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ch2tdriver View Post
    ..... Now...add a Hurricane,..........
    They were trying but I would guess about 30% chance.......That is my best guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Dont remember if it was earlier this year but a UH-60 Blackhawk visited FRG and instead of the usual VIP white-top it was yellow. I was just down in DC and
    saw a Flight of two of these copters over the Potomac. Someone posted a pic here with the info on the unit. Thanks.
    John Klos posted some shots here:
    http://nycaviation.com/forum/threads/36858-Republic-Farmingdale-(FRG)-Notable-Visitors?p=406121&viewfull=1#post406121

They were out of the 12th Aviation Battalion, Military District of Washington, based out of Fort Belvoir, VA.

Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    John Klos posted some shots here:
    http://nycaviation.com/forum/threads/36858-Republic-Farmingdale-(FRG)-Notable-Visitors?p=406121&viewfull=1#post406121

They were out of the 12th Aviation Battalion, Military District of Washington, based out of Fort Belvoir, VA.
    Thanks John. That is them. I believe they were using the call sign "Cap 1" when they came past. I was in Potomac Park across from Fort McNair when they came in
    from the south and headed along the Potomac in DC.

They were trying but I would guess about 30% chance.......That is my best guess.
    But all the experts say Long Island is DUE for a Hurricane?

There is a Spit and Hurri down in VA Beach at Fighter Factory. 2 I can think of in Canada.

So whats with the new building outside of Atlantic I saw today? Temporary?
    And speaking of new I see that Duquesne Aviation traded in their S76 for a brand-new AB139, N99DQ (same #).
    Did it just arrive today? They did a long run-up before heading out NW.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    So whats with the new building outside of Atlantic I saw today? Temporary?
    And speaking of new I see that Duquesne Aviation traded in their S76 for a brand-new AB139, N99DQ (same #).
    Did it just arrive today? They did a long run-up before heading out NW.
    The DQ helo has been there about 3 weeks now. I know one of the pilots and he has been doing pilot training for a few weeks with it now. I haven't gotten a close up look at it yet, but will soon.

As for the building outside Atlantic, that just showed up today. Not sure what it's for...yet.