Thread: It's SWAP season again

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

It's SWAP season again

it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Indeed it is, though this weather is coming from a weird low pressure system spinning off the coast, as opposed to the usual west-to-east afternoon t-storms we normally get during the summer.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

I was just on the phone with my aunt who lives in the city and "its's like the end of the world right now" she said.

There seems to be quiet a few diversion from EWR however anything that is diverting looks like it is going to BWI, ALB, or BUF.

Been listening to Cleveland Center and they are holding LGA/EWR/JFK all over the the place in their airspace on http://WWW.LIVEATC.NET. Also heard that FLL/MIA/PBI are closed due to the same reason but not the same weather system.

FUN FUN FUN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by njgtr82
    FUN FUN FUN!!!
    Expecting any diversions to SWF today, Bill? ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Iberia A340-600
    Quote Originally Posted by njgtr82
    FUN FUN FUN!!!
    Expecting any diversions to SWF today, Bill? ;)
    Not right now, but I'll let you know if I hear of any.

Just got hammered here in CLT. Of course not the way Matt gets hammered but we had a hell of a cell pass right over the airport while I was hanging out in Bravo concorse.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

there were 4 hour delays at LGA, I have an airplane in BCT that was told "Shut it down for the night" I have a second in IAD which was told "indefinite delay."

So, for the Air Transport Association that says private jets get preferential treatment...NO they don't. These aircraft get delayed just like all the others.

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    Quote Originally Posted by hiss srq
    Just got hammered here in CLT. Of course not the way Matt gets hammered but we had a hell of a cell pass right over the airport while I was hanging out in Bravo concorse.
    was talking with one of my dispatchers today, and LGA, CLT and PHL are all getting hammered with delays. the interesting part is that LGA saw no wx today. there was a pretty big cell that passed over the airport but didn't actually drop any RN. it passed just west of us and even seemed to strengthen as it passed over the sound and the city.

http://10.142.80.54/cgi-bin/animate?2102.gif+16+1
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.