Page 113 of 221 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123163213 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 3308

Thread: Republic Farmingdale (FRG) Notable Visitors

Quote Originally Posted by GrummanFan View Post
    That's affirmative, due to the high winds the Spitfires will arrive sometime Sunday, with the BoB festivities around 12.
    I'll try for better pics tomorrow.This one's junk.
    LOL I beg to differ about your pic but I'm not pic-ky!!
    Was that you on New Highway sitting on the roof of the Minivan?

I was told the reason was high winds. Guess the pilots/owners didn't want to chance it today. One was coming from NJ. Forgot where the other one was coming from. I should have called before making the trip out. What a dud. My advice is to call first. Well at least I was able to listen to Tony Harnell's new CD on the drive out there.
    Last edited by gpalz1; 2010-09-04 at 09:05 PM.

"The Avro Lancaster flown out of the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum in Hamilton, Ontario, one of only two airworthy Lancasters in the world, is known as the Mynarski Memorial Lancaster in honour of Pilot Officer Andrew Charles Mynarski,and is painted in the markings of his aircraft."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Mynarski
    Last edited by gpalz1; 2010-09-04 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    LOL I beg to differ about your pic but I'm not pic-ky!!
    Was that you on New Highway sitting on the roof of the Minivan?
    Okay, my framing and panning are pretty good, I have to give myself some credit...but the light and colors are garbage. And yes, that was me on the Minivan
    Shoot first, ask questions later.
    dfalk.smugmug.com

Quote Originally Posted by GrummanFan View Post
    Okay, my framing and panning are pretty good, I have to give myself some credit...but the light and colors are garbage. And yes, that was me on the Minivan
    I like it too!!!

Here are two from today

The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

A few of my shots from Saturday...

Members of the Lancaster crew with some of the AAM staff.

First Spitfire landed about 9 am

Any idea when the Lancaster and Spitfires depart on Monday?

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Any idea when the Lancaster and Spitfires depart on Monday?
    And more importantly what time is the Memorial Flight?

Spitfire is expecting to leave around Noon, preferably with a couple of passes before he departs. The Lancaster is scheduled to depart around 3pm. Based on that, I would imagine the Memorial Flight would be sometime before Noon.

Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    Spitfire is expecting to leave around Noon, preferably with a couple of passes before he departs. The Lancaster is scheduled to depart around 3pm. Based on that, I would imagine the Memorial Flight would be sometime before Noon.
    Thanks John. Trying to formulate my schedule tomorrow to catch some of the action. Where are they flying to during the Flight or just around the airport? Thanks again.

NLovis
    Must make it down there tomorrow. Need get these old warbirds with an old film camera lol. I think it matches in a way.

The musuem held a ceremony to honor those who defeated the Luftwaffe in the skies over England during the Battle of Britain. Ken Rose, 83, now living on Long Island, talks about his experiences as a teenager during that time with Acting Consul-General and Deputy Head of Mission, Dominic Meiklejohn, OBE.

Although he didn't fly it during the day, Duffy did start the Spitfire, allowing the crowd to hear the roar of the Merlin engine.

Tucked away for the night.

Wow. Looks like it just rolled off the assembly line. Fantastic restoration job.

Great job by the AAM. I arrived around 10:30 and positioned myself by the lot closest to the "covered" fence overlooking the numbers of 1-9. Well my patience paid off when i saw them prepping the Lancaster and the Spitfire. And the Thunderbolt joined them. The Lancaster took off first and after a delay due to a couple of arrivals the Spitfire and Thunderbolt went out to catch up with them. At this point I moved over to the hill across from Dave & Busters joining a whole bunch of people. The three aircraft returned and did two really cool formation Fly-Bys. Then the Lancaster & Thunderbolt headed out over the ocean and the Spitfire returned for two fast Fly-Bys before saying goodbye and heading out South going home. The Thunderbolt returned and did one high fly-by before landing. I had my scanner with me(headphones) and was waiting to see if the Lancaster was returning. They didnt disappoint flying another fast and low pass before coming around to land. From there I headed to the beach and around 3:05 here comes the Lancaster turning over Tobay Beach and heading south along the shoreline before disappearing from sight. That was a bonus to see them again. Were they heading home? I thought they were based in Ontario? Maybe doing a little sightseeing before heading North?
    Great job guys.