Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Jones Beach Air Show: May 23 - 24

Quote Originally Posted by ch2tdriver View Post
    I will be at the beach tomorrow with the family. I'm hoping that with a forecast of 64 and breezy that the heaviest crowds will be on Sunday when its forecast to be sunny and 75! I'm planning on more windburn than sunburn.
    Dress warmly!! It was cool there today even when the sun was out because of the wind but once the sun left it got really chilly!

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    What crazy weather at the beach today!! Breezy and bright sun, blue skies!! Then 1PM clouds roll in and it got a wee bit chilly!! And just as the TBirds come in so do the dark clouds with some light rain but that didnt stop the show!! In fact, if you asked me, the afterburners looked much brighter in that weather and the solo guys sounded a little louder (YAY) than usual!!
    On the sneak passes the dark skies made the burner cones visible. Although I missed shooting them they were there. TBirds made some good noise with those F110s.

Grey skies and white planes .............. ugh ....... should have left the camera in the bag .....................

http://fredkopf.smugmug.com

Are there any good spots at Islip? The only shots I have of the TB's from 2011 are unrecoverable from the CD I saved them to :(

Its a shame they decided not to stay at FRG this time around.
    Last edited by gpalz1; 2015-05-22 at 11:09 PM.

Yeah, it sure was crazy weather down there today especially with those unexpected clouds rolling in !! Ugh !!
    Fred, I'm not sure why exactly the start was delayed but I believe it had something to do with JFK traffic.
    Anyway, like Gerard said, dress WARMLY because it's supposed to be even cooler down there tomorrow!!

Can anyone recommend if one day is better for the beach vs FRG/Islip?

Based on past history Saturday at the beach is less crowded. If I was able to get to the beach I would be going down today.
    http://fredkopf.smugmug.com

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    Im guessing I just saw the Breitling team on the horizon, as I was westbound on Sunrise Highway in Bayshore at about
    9:02 AM. Looks like then made a smoky pass. practice run I suppose.

Im in my office now. Seeing patients but love that I can just watch them making passes at FRG right from the office.

G-d Bless the USA
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

The did a flyover of NYC, Mario, you saw their return.

I know they cancelled the super hornets. But any news about the parachute teams if they are performing. I know they didn't practice. I was was windy but I don't see them at republic ether.

Golden Knights arrived Friday but did not jump. They departed for the beach around 11:45, I assume they are jumping but I don't know what the conditions are there now.

Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    Golden Knights arrived Friday but did not jump. They departed for the beach around 11:45, I assume they are jumping but I don't know what the conditions are there now.
    Thank you
    at air port now I see them

Quote Originally Posted by mirrodie View Post
    Im guessing I just saw the Breitling team on the horizon, as I was westbound on Sunrise Highway in Bayshore at about
    9:02 AM. Looks like then made a smoky pass. practice run I suppose.

Im in my office now. Seeing patients but love that I can just watch them making passes at FRG right from the office.

G-d Bless the USA
    I believe, as do the Blue Angels, the TB's flew up to West Point for their graduation.

Did the TBirds do a FlyOver of FRG before heading back to ISP? I watched them long distance with the help of my trusty binoculars from Wantagh Park wheere we actually got a few fast passes and even some puffs of smoke LOL!!