Thread: BREAKING NEWS: North Korea has attacked South Korea

BREAKING NEWS: North Korea has attacked South Korea

http://wireupdate.com/wires/12644/south-ko...-korean-attack/

SEOUL (BNO NEWS) — Top South Korean government officials are holding a crisis meeting at an underground bunker after North Korea attacked a South Korean island, officials said.

The attack began around 2.30 p.m. local time when North Korea fired more than 200 artillery shell near the South Korean island of Yeonpyeong. As many as 70 houses were reported to be on fire, injuring an unknown number of people.

Seoul confirmed it responded with artillery fire and scrambled F-16 fighter jets to respond to the sudden attack, which comes days after North Korea unveiled a vast new facility it secretly and rapidly built to enrich uranium.

Well, guess I'll be getting underway soon...

And I'm sure we'll sit back and do nothing about it......

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76 View Post
    And I'm sure we'll sit back and do nothing about it......
    Why do we need to do anything about it? For once I hope the USA is smart and just minds its own business. But the odds of that are probably about the same as me running an airline in the next year. Nada. We have to always get envolved no matter who it concerns.
    http://brandonsaviationblog.blogspot.com/ My continuing updated Aviation Blog
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/seahawks7757/ My continuing updated photostream from BFI and sometimes SEA

Quote Originally Posted by seahawks7757 View Post
    Why do we need to do anything about it? For once I hope the USA is smart and just minds its own business. But the odds of that are probably about the same as me running an airline in the next year. Nada. We have to always get envolved no matter who it concerns.
    We are obligated under treaty to protect South Korea. The U.S just standing by and doing nothing only emboldens these oppressive nations to continue down their path.

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    I hope the USA is smart and just minds its own business. But the odds of that are probably about the same as me running an airline in the next year. Nada. We have to always get envolved no matter who it concerns
    Yep SK is one of our best allies. If you saw your friend getting attacked in the street would you just sit there and mind your own business?
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol