Thread: Visit to the Cradle of Aviation Museum

Visit to the Cradle of Aviation Museum

Yesterday I had the chance to visit the Cradle of Aviation museum in Uniondale for the first time. It was actually pretty nice!

The exhibits offered a very thorough history of aviation, including some GREAT space displays and pieces. I really enjoyed everything pertaining to the lunar landings.

There is a nice displayof airliner models in one section which was nice to see, although it was tempting to break the glass and take them! I had to be physically restrained.

There was a mock-cabin setup of an aircraft that was 2-by-2, with a TWA galley cart in the aisle. I took a seat and took a breather after playing that Airliner video game that they have at Dave & Busters (the museum has THREE of them! But they are $2 a pop).

The hangar area has some nice stuff, with an A-10 (I've actually never been close to one), an F-14, and a nose-section of an El Al 707.

As always a visit to a museum gift shop requires the purchase of Astronaut Ice Cream, which crumbled as I ate it and left freeze-dried ice cream sandwich on my face and shirt as I walked around Roosevelt Field Mall afterwards.

For those who have not been out there, I do recommend taking a drive out there to check it out.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Re: Visit to the Cradle of Aviation Museum

Gotta check out the IMAX films they have there also, they are amazing. It's actually the largest IMAX screen in New York State.
    Worry is a sustained form of fear, caused by indecision.