Thread: New Member Introduction

Vincennes, Indiana, United States, 109477929070449, Vincennes, Indiana

New Member Introduction

Season's Greetings to all at NYCA

My name is Vivek Kaul.I am an spotter based in Indiana and have been taking pictures of planes for almost 13 years but only have seriously gotten into it in the past 5 years.I upload majority of my shot to Jetphotos.net and Flickr.I have a few on Airliner.net but prefer JP because they have been very helpful in raising my own bar and i am still learning. I have spotted in a few location around the world as my previous employers were Continental and American in JAX during my college days at Jacksonville University.During that time i had the pleasure of meeting some of the more distinguished photographers such as Mr Derden & Mr Scuderi.

I am very happy to be a member of NYCA Forums and would like to congratulate every one on having one the most prolific spotting resources available today.

Some of my work..Please enjoy.
    Flickr
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/victorkilo9/

JetPhotos
    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=14075

Blue Skies

Vivek Kaul

Very nice work, Vivek! Welcome to NYCA. What part of Indiana are you in? I spent several years at Grissom AFB near Kokomo, so I've seen plenty of that area.

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    Welcome here!
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Welcome Vivek. Great photos and look forward to seeing more of your shots in the future.

-Tad

Vivek- I will be sure to check out your photos once I get home from work.

I went to Purdue and stayed out there for a few more years after graduating, it's a real nice place. IND gets some interesting traffic. LAF did as well. I took lessons out of Aretz Airport, now closed. Grissom has a sweet static B-58 on display near the entrance, I wonder if it's still there.

Welcome to NYCA sir

Quote Originally Posted by megatop412 View Post
    Grissom has a sweet static B-58 on display near the entrance, I wonder if it's still there.
    Yes it is...

Actually, they turned what was a small "air park" into the Grissom Air Museum. Back when I was stationed there (mid-80s) the B-58 and a handful of other aircraft were displayed on a field inside the main gate of the base. Several times while pulling alert, I helped work on some of them. The museum is now outside the gate (actually, the "secure" area of the base has shrunk) and includes a museum building, and a large collection of aircraft outside, including the B-58, a KC-97, F-14, and an EC-135. Both the B-58 and EC-135 were stationed at Grissom while in service.

Welcome to the site Vivek! Glad to hear you aboard!!
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    Yes it is...

Actually, they turned what was a small "air park" into the Grissom Air Museum. Back when I was stationed there (mid-80s) the B-58 and a handful of other aircraft were displayed on a field inside the main gate of the base. Several times while pulling alert, I helped work on some of them. The museum is now outside the gate (actually, the "secure" area of the base has shrunk) and includes a museum building, and a large collection of aircraft outside, including the B-58, a KC-97, F-14, and an EC-135. Both the B-58 and EC-135 were stationed at Grissom while in service.

Haha, awesome. Love that a/c. Loved it in the movie "Fail Safe". Got myself a mousepad of it when I visited. Tanks for the memories Moose

Program Coordinator
    Welcome aboard Vivek, glad I'll be able to see your stuff here and on flickr!

Vincennes, Indiana, United States, 109477929070449, Vincennes, Indiana
    Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    Very nice work, Vivek! Welcome to NYCA. What part of Indiana are you in? I spent several years at Grissom AFB near Kokomo, so I've seen plenty of that area.
    Thank you Moose.I am in a town called Vincennes, which is about 120 miles SW of IND
    Quote Originally Posted by mirrodie View Post
    Welcome here!
    Thank you mirrodie...great to be here.
    Quote Originally Posted by sporky View Post
    Welcome Vivek. Great photos and look forward to seeing more of your shots in the future.

-Tad
    Thank you Tad..I will do the best as there are some real good stuff coming out of NYC....

Quote Originally Posted by megatop412 View Post
    Vivek- I will be sure to check out your photos once I get home from work.

I went to Purdue and stayed out there for a few more years after graduating, it's a real nice place. IND gets some interesting traffic. LAF did as well. I took lessons out of Aretz Airport, now closed. Grissom has a sweet static B-58 on display near the entrance, I wonder if it's still there.

Welcome to NYCA sir
    Thank you megatop412.I have been only as far north as Indy,but from that pic..I think i will make a trip surely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil D. View Post
    Welcome to the site Vivek! Glad to hear you aboard!!
    Thank you Phil..Glad to be heard abroad.
    Quote Originally Posted by jerslice View Post
    Welcome aboard Vivek, glad I'll be able to see your stuff here and on flickr!
    Thank you Jeremy..Glad to able to share and learn from NYCA...

Vivek! 'bout time you showed up...welcome to the party!!!
    Have you ever seen a grown man naked?

Hi Vivek, welcome to the gang! Your shots are great!

Welcome Vivek! Excellent stuff on JP.....it's nice to see another Nikon shooter as well.
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Dex
    Hello and welcome to this site. You done a good job. Hope that you'll enjoy your stay here. . . :)