Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Jones Beach/Bethpage Federal Credit Union Air Show

Darn just missed the Farmingdale Flyers...
    Glenn

Ok, thanks for sharing!

Does anyone know if the Thunderbirds are back from earlier this morning and when they are scheduled to go back up for the practice runs today?

Seems they are doing a full show today. Weather is cooperating for now which means the thunderbirds will be around 4

Good practice run, weather held. Skytypers were short one and Thunderbirds had to do their circle and arrivals before their practice. Solos returned to the airport early guessing due to fuel.
    Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by fk6065 View Post
    For those of you interested in viewing The Thunderbirds;

Long Island MacArthur Airport (ISP) has been selected as the staging site for the United States Air Force Thunderbirds for the Bethpage Federal Credit Union Air... Show at Jones Beach Memorial Day weekend. We are offering a public viewing Friday, May 26, 2017 from 2pm-6pm.
    Anyone interested in attending is asked to park in the Economy Lot at the Airport’s Main Terminal standard parking fees apply, where a shuttle bus will be waiting to transport guests to the viewing area. There is no parking available at the viewing area. If needed, the shuttle buses are handicapped accessible. Unfortunately, due to FAA regulations that govern commercial airports, no guests will be permitted outside of the viewing area or onto the active ramp
    Thanks for sharing. Where was this posted? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ch2tdriver View Post
    Well just when we thought this airshow/FRG observers weekend couldn't get any less quiet....The AAM on their FB page says the CAF's Dixie Wing P-51 and SBD will NOT be coming. They say enroute weather is the issue. Also for anyone that booked a ride refunds are available. The B-17 is still attending.
    First the T-birds at MacArthur and now this. Shame. Was looking forward to seeing those two. I'll probably skip it this year, since its starting to feel like I've seen it all before.

Quote Originally Posted by gpalz1 View Post
    This info about today's public viewing of the T-Birds at ISP was also mentioned this morning on News 12.
    I was just curious if anyone went to it and where exactly this viewing area was ??

Quote Originally Posted by dekdawg21 View Post
    Good practice run, weather held. Skytypers were short one and Thunderbirds had to do their circle and arrivals before their practice. Solos returned to the airport early guessing due to fuel.
    Yes it seems like that was their first chance to familiarize themselves to the area but when they did their show it was pretty good. It was about 45 minutes in total and I was down by the shoreline and they got me twice with the sneak passes, one which literally scared the heck out of everyone!! Weather cleared up pretty good with the sun shining and temp around 70.

Quote Originally Posted by gpalz1 View Post
    From MacArthur Airport.
    http://fredkopf.smugmug.com

A few from Friday afternoon;

GREAT pictures, fk6065!

The practice was awesome this afternoon. I really appreciating the sight surveying that took place 20 minutes before the practice flight.

Great shots, Fred ! Where exactly were you set up for those shots ?
    Yeah, we lucked out and got some decent light down at the beach this afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Yes it seems like that was their first chance to familiarize themselves to the area but when they did their show it was pretty good. It was about 45 minutes in total and I was down by the shoreline and they got me twice with the sneak passes, one which literally scared the heck out of everyone!! Weather cleared up pretty good with the sun shining and temp around 70.
    I was down there too. And it was good seeing it was there first run. Like seeing the circle and arrivals. Had the scanner going, didn't have most of their frequencies loaded but kept hearing 5 tell 6 to go chase! And the second sneak pass really got everyone around me!
    Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S View Post
    Great shots, Fred ! Where exactly were you set up for those shots ?
    Yeah, we lucked out and got some decent light down at the beach this afternoon.
    Chris I was just to the right of show center. Parked in field 4, walked out to the center mall and done to show center down by the water.