Thread: NYC Taxi strike....sort of?

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

NYC Taxi strike....sort of?

CBS 880 went to cover the strike but it seems its a half-witted attempt.

The T+L spokesman, who sounded like a 12 year old girl, was trying to convince CBS that there was a strike but apparently seems there are enough tazis out there to make one wonder.

So, is it evident that there is a strike?
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Re: NYC Taxi strike....sort of?

I saw on the news that contingency plans are in effect but several other taxi unions have not gone on strike so you can get a cab.

These cabbies are idiots for striking. The only reason they hate the GPS is that now they can't rip people off for taking routes that go out of the way and cost more money. Also all cabs should have the technology to pay with a credit card.

Oh well as silly as this is its better than that damn MTA strike a few years ago. Boy did that ruin my Christmas holiday.
    "I can't wait until tomorrow, cause I get better looking everyday"
    --Joe Namath

No cabs in the city makes me want to rent a car and drive around Manhattan. They should strike more often!
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.
    No cabs in the city makes me want to rent a car and drive around Manhattan. They should strike more often!

LOL!!
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

It was beautiful yesterday during morning rush hour no traffic, no people cutting me off. The same went today when I got in a little while ago.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

I took the bus to work today, barely any traffic.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

On my M60 Bus part of my commute from 125th and Lex to LGA both Wed and Thur the busses where no more crowded than usual. Leaving LGA around 2200 both nights the lines for cabs where not bad at all but very noticably less cabs than normal, maybe about 20 pct of a normal amount.

LGA777

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS

These cabbies are idiots for striking. The only reason they hate the GPS is that now they can't rip people off for taking routes that go out of the way and cost more money
    I knew when they said GPS that had something to do with it. They def don't want anyone to be able to know where they are.

Yea a strike when only some are striking is not going to be very effective.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol